“Good curry. Good value. Friendly staff”

Mount Everest Gurkha Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 612 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Nepali
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Have eaten here a couple of times whilst working in Derby. Friendly and helpful staff. Good food. The chilli dishes are particularly good..

Reviewed February 22, 2013

At last, something different from the usual Derby rubbish. Walked through the door to be confronted by a really welcoming buzzy atmosphere. Service was a little on the chaotic side - we were served after the couple who arrived after us on the next table - but the food was really good, and good value.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Booking a table here is a must.
We were seated in a average busy night at a table for 2 which is in all honesty is not that big.

The food.
Lasun kukhura khursani A med hot dish with green chilli
And tandoori mixed grill with two rice dishes and beer and water
All this balanced in a small table. The food was great tasting and is a credit the the chef.

The service.
Service was a little slow but not to much to spoil the night.

Summing up
Get booked get a decent table and go adventurous there is nothing on the menu that is not going to taste good.

We will be going back or ordering takaway.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've been to the Everest several times before and I'm worried standards are starting to slip a little. Yes the food is really good, that has not changed but the service was not good. The young lady, whilst was plesent, clearly lacked training and was an accident eaiting to happen. She spilt half a jug of water over my partner managed 2 get yhe wine wrong and when she clrared the table eerily held our breath waiting for her 2 drop something on us.the Everest clearly has many fans and it remains a favorite 2 many but the service needs 2 improve significantly if it is 2 survive. Sorry guys I wish I could praise it from the rooftops but l can't.

1  Thank Greenpanda0
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Ive had the pleasure of having two takeaways from Mount Everest in the last few weeks as I live across the road. From the outside the restaurant doesn't look as fancy as the Viceroy or Anoki but don't let that put you off as the food there is excellent! It's alot cheaper than the other indian restaurants but does not lack in quality. I ordered a takeaway for the second time tonight, I had one pickle tray, a lamb bhuna with pilau rice and a keema nan and it only cost £10.76 (pretty cheap for an indian). When I opened the bag when I got home I realised they'd forgotten the pickles and went strait back to ask them for some. They apologised immediately and gave me a free bottle of coke for the trouble, which I thought was excellent customer service. The small team of people who run it are really friendly and helpful and I'd definitely recommend it to anybody to give it a try, you wont be disappointed!