“Three and a half”

Cuisines: Nepali
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Not quite very good but better than average. Derby has evolved in a rather odd way. Good bistros and 'city centre' pubs at one end with Asian food and 'real pubs at the other. Good food, great serice and a little different from the norm. Worth a try.

There are newer reviews for Mount Everest Gurkha Restaurant

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Looks like you bog-standard curry-house...however it is so much more!!!

The food was delectable, and I would go as far as saying it was the best meal I have had in Derby!

Do not miss this place if you are in Derby.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

food was good but no where as good as some other restaurants in derby with much less price tag. They were busy and food delay was expected. However we could have been offered some popdoms to compensate for the delay.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have been eating at Mount Everest since it opened and each time we visit its nothing less than BRILLIANT! The food is perfectly cooked with the freshest of ingredients - our only disappointment is that we are usually so full, we cant fit any more in! The staff are very lovely and the service is great, even when they are packed to the rafters...
ooh and the takeaway service is great too!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I have had takeout from here in the past and found it excellent, the last time being about a year ago. Well something seems to have gone wrong.

We placed our order and the food turned up about 40 minutes later, pretty reasonable for a Saturday night. As soon as I opened the bag I realised that we had been given someone else's order. I phoned up and explained the problem and was told that they'd have to call me back. After ten minutes I phoned again and was told that the problem was "still being sorted out". Eventually a delivery guy turned up with the food and asked for the wrong order to be handed over which surprised me. Surely they werent planning on redelivering this, it had been sat on our kitchen counter for 30 minutes! Anyway, the food that was delivered was terrible. We had two different chicken dishes (although they might as well have been the same). The meat was tough a flavourless in both. The sauce tasted ok but was thin and a little watery. All in all very disappointing. I wish I'd just had a sandwich.