“Very Good”

Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Derby, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Thursday evening and five people we thought booking would be simple but no we couldn't have a table until 8pm which was odd given how empty the place was we sat down but one can only assume they are careful as to how many staff v covers they have as everything else was excellent. The food was great (BBQ sweet pulled pork - yum) and everyone had a great time. I had the chicken with Risotto and my only comment was a little heavy on the seasoning but that is my taste only and I can say it was still good. Everyone even had dessert they looked so good, please though next time do the crumble the right way up - crumble on top - I'm a traditionalist when it comes to crumbles. One note if you want bread order it when you order food, they prepare it to order, and you can tell, so it takes a few minutes but worth it. Service was excellent too, very attentive but not overbearing. Full marks Graze for a true Derby Restaurant it is great.

• Visited June 2013

Suffolk, UK
“Very nice food in a bustling but cosy atmosphere”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went here with family when back in Derby and thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was attentive despite the restaurant being very busy and the food was delicious and reasonably priced. Will be back!

• Visited March 2013
Ripley, United Kingdom
“Over rated”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Attended Graze as a family party, on the recommendation of a friend. The restaurant was not as busy as I thought it would be for a Saturday night. There was a lot of staff, all very atttentive, almost too much so.
The decor was very stylish, good lighting, and comfortable seating. Unfortunatley, these are really the only positive things I can say!
The waiters almost nagged us to order, and whilst the starters came very quickly, I was disapointed in the content. Everyone had to season their food: my risotto was almost as bland as rice pudding! My husbands pulled pork was cold..
Plates were quickly removed,, and just as quickly replaced by the main courses Although acceptable, they were again under seasoned. The vegatables accompaning were not even fashionably crisp, but uncooked!! The salmon was over cooked, the duck tough, though the steak was ok, although small. We were rushed into choosing puddings, but we declined.
Our bill was promptly dealt with and we were out of the place in less than 2 hours!
The toilets were dark, but clean..
I can imagine the early dining offer is popular, but the A la carte menu is not worth the money, is pretencious, and under portioned. The drinks were very expensive, but a one bottle of water was grudgiingly given.
I will not be returning.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank DeirdreDerby
Derby, United Kingdom
“Best meal I've had in Derby!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My partner and I went to Graze last week for a romantic meal, and after reading all of the negative reviews about this restaurant on trip advisor i feel that Graze fully deserves me to sing their praises. I still can't believe how amazing the food tasted - it was fantastic. We had the steak pie and brie for starters followed by fillet steak and gammon for main. We were so full that we couldn't face the dessert menu which is very rare for us as we both have a sweet tooth. We were blown away with the presentation and portion sizes. My partner, who definitely knows his stuff after many years as a chef in a rosette standard restaurant, was amazed at how Graze could offer such exceptional food at such low prices. He will definitely be taking inspiration from the food we received here back to his own business!
The service was fantastic and the atmosphere pleasant. Staff were polite and attentive - we are already planning to come back next week. The reviews I've read on here definitely don't represent my experience of Graze as i can't wait to return to try the rest of the menu!

• Visited May 2013
“Quality food, great value”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I ate here last night and I have to say I was very impressed. The decor and lighting was spot on, modern whilst providing a good atmosphere. It was a Wednesday night and was busy, always a good sign. We paid £9.95 each for 2 phenomenal courses served by friendly and attentive staff.

Would highly recommend and will definitely be returning again and again.

• Visited May 2013