All reviews car park bus station sliding door thyme restaurant mins walk away walk in shower derby city centre blackout curtains definitely stay here again meal deal multi storey booked this hotel ideal location air conditioning hotel is situated an overnight stay excellent hotel
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Came to Derby for city break, great location, minutes away from town centre, Friendly staff, very clean, newly built, amazing bed,amazing value, put the competition to shame, perfect stay,highly recommended.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2018

When I think of premier inn I think of clean and basic hotel with free parking and a nice pub next door for your meals. I like that combination. Well, this one is different. Firstly no parking. You will need to park in the shopping center over the road, fifteen pounds per 24 hours and about a five minute walk.Its fine. Secondly no pub. The hotel has a restaurant (their own Thyme brand) and to be fair the food was excellent both in quality, quantity, service and vfm. The only down side for me was no real ales, derbyshire is the renowned for brewing with Burton the home of brewing a few miles up the road. That's where I missed my traditional pub next door. The rooms are typical premier inn i.e. absolutely fine. We stayed as part of two day visit to Alton Towers (45 mins away by car) and overall it was a good experience. The price was excellent (remember to add parking when you compare) and overall a great experience. I still prefer the more traditional premier inn package with free parking and a decent pub next door but if the price was right I'd stay here again.

1  Thank markinkent
Reviewed August 8, 2018

The staff were very friendly and helpful so I can't fault the staff, but the bed was very uncomfortable. And there was no parking didnt really mention it had a very small car park. I had to park in a nearby car park but it cost me £15

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

We only live near Matlock so Derby is a regular shopping trip however after 5 buses home are infrequent so if you want to go to the cinema at night it’s easier to stay over.
This hotel is one we use regularly it’s above the bus station so good transport links. Walking distance of the shopping centre with its large deluxe cinema and food court, surrounded by smaller shops and coffee shops. Plenty of bars/pubs if you like that sort of thing.
Air conditioning was heaven considering the heat. Room is large and still in the previous owners style with a shower and more room than traditional Pi. Staff are always friendly. Only thing that I hate about PI is the rubbish WiFi. Even iPad wouldn’t stay connected and it’s the newest one. None of my devices whether android or Apple will stay connected for more than seconds. So I connected to the free WiFi next door and didn’t get kicked off once :)

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel as a stopover on the way down to London
There is no way to park anywhere near the hotel entrance or even drop people off this is a massive problem to my wife who has severe Mobility issues and the only car park nearby had disabled spaces on the 4th floor with no lift working and charged £15!
I only didn’t give the hotel 1 star as the staff were good in the hotel but more attention needs to be given to informing people of the issues with parking before arrival.

Trip type: Traveled with family