“Didn't stay. Just a curry”

Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Called in after a long day in the office to find curry night all you can eat. £7 for a curry - edible

Bar was quite loud with a group of blokes.

Good place to stay if you want to be just outside Gloucester

• Stayed: February 2013
Zoe H, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for your review of The Oakwood Table Table. I will pass your comments on to the restaurant General Manager.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this weekend. Despite me telling them that I suffer from Coeliac Disease & require a Glutten Free Diet, on Sunday morning I ordered bacon,eggs & mushrooms only for the waitress to return & say depite these being glutten free in the premier inn book the chef says he can not guarantee that they will after he cooked them. It doesn't take alot of knowledge to say clean pan. Why can the owners Premier Inn have a book that shows whats Glutten Free ? only to be overruled by a chef who doesn't want to work.
We also ate there on Saturday when the food was returned because it was cold.
I have stayed at Premier Inns on a regular basis during my working life.
Never stayed in one like this.

In the words of a song "SIMPLY THE WORST".

Room Tip: Do not book meals the chef can not cope.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PeterLANCASHIRE
Zoe H, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your review, I am very disappointed to hear of your experience during breakfast and dinner. I will personally be speaking to the General Manager of The Oakwood Table Table to ensure that this does not happen again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here before and found it adequate, but this time I checked in and was given a tiny freezing cold room! Bed so soft that you rolled into the hole in the middle and no aircon controls! Complained about the room and was moved to a larger more modern room, this was however next door to a German athletic team group who's alarm went off at 5am!!!
On returning to the room after being out all day the room had bit been cleaned!! So back to reception I went to get tea/coffee and fresh towels! I got my nights stay refunded!!!
I then paid for the 24 hour Internet access which did not work! Cue another trip to reception to spend 10 minutes on the phone to an external company who deal with the wifi connection to get a voucher to use!!
We then decided at 6pm to go to the oakwood the pub attached for a meal to be told by a rather rude lady that there were no tables till after 8pm! Even though the pub was empty! We asked to eat in the bar area as that was so quiet but were told no!!
All in all a very disappointing stay this time!!

1  Thank claireb1981
Zoe H, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I am very sorry that you were not happy with your stay at our hotel. At Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn we endeavour to deliver a high level of service in all our hotels, and we apologise that you did not receive this during your stay. Your feedback has been noted and will be duly investigated by the Management team at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Slightly dated Premier Inn. My room was comfortable but starting to show signs of wear. I stayed at the beginning of January and was in (if memory serves me) room 11. The carpet adjoining the bathroom was worn and had come away from the carpet gripper. The room is at the end of the hotel which was probably the reason why the wi-fi signal was very weak at best and occasionally dropped out altogether. The staff were very friendly and the bed comfortable. Cooked breakfast in the adjoining Table Table restaurant was very good. Evening meal was average and if there is a next time visit, I would seek a nice gastro pub to eat out in the evening rather than at Table Table.

Room Tip: If you want wi-fi, do not book room 11. Ask for a room that is not at the extremity of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. The carpet in room 11 has been replaced and I am in contact with our wifi provider to see how we can boost the connection. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The welcome was warm but the rooms were cold on arrival. Heating can be adjusted to suit personal preference and we wrre soon very snug.
The rooms were clean and quite spacious. Beds were comfy. We slept quite well but rooms facing the car park were a bit noisier.
If you book a disabled room do check the facilities will meet your needs - shower facilities were not walk in. My elderly mother struggled with the heavy room door.
Breakfast on Saturday morning was excellent, with very helpful staff. Not quite as good on Sunday. Our group sampled both types of breakfast.
You help yourself to continental items. those having a cooked breakfast were offered extra helpings.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read that your mum struggled with the door to her room, for health and safety reasons the doors to all rooms must be the same standard fire doors but should you stay with us again my team and I would be more than happy to help where we can. Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was as expected from a Premier Inn and having stayed in several, I was pleased to see the usual standard of room and bathroom. That is the reason I booked this hotel.
The bed was so hard, however, I would have been as comfortable on the floor! Apparently the mattresses have recently been replaced. With concrete ones obviously!! Pillows were good though!
The snoring from the guest in the next room was so loud it kept us awake all night!
Noise from guests in the room the other side of us was quite bad at around midnight and was just TV and talking and getting into bed noise.
We were expecting some noise from the road as we had been told the location means this happens but we heard no cars just snoring!
A good nights sleep is guaranteed or your money back, I am not sure what we have to do to get our money back but if this really does apply then we certainly should be refunded!!
Hotel restaurant was good and breakfast was lovely as always with these hotels.
Staff were all very helpful and polite.
I have stayed regularly in Premier Inn Hotels and had a good experiences but last night was such a terrible night, I will be looking at other hotels for future stays away from home. My shoulder blades and back could not take another night on a bed like that!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that at Premier Inn we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate these issues further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

On entering reception, the Premier Inn service began. Friendly staff who explained everything to me. Checked in in about 2 minutes and then to my room. It has to be said, it can be a rabbit warren but hey, exercise is good fir you.

Room was good if a little cold but no matter. There were not many people stayin on the night I was there.. So really quiet!! Brilliant.

Up early the next morning and check out was a breeze.

Premier inn=good quality and no nasty surprises, unlike other hotels you may LODGE at on your TRAVELs!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Zoe H, Reception Team Leader at Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. I look forward to welcoming you back at Gloucester Twigworth Premier Inn.

Kind regards,