“You just never know!!!!!!”

Aroma Indian Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 348 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Monday Closed
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Whilst on a recent trip to Cheltenham races, and a visit to Gloucester we were hunting for a good Indian restaurant. After looking on TA we came across a local Indian restaurant named Aroma, it had great reviews but more importantly the menu looked inviting. After asking the hotel staff what it was like and getting answers of, I don't know I haven't been there, by three of the staff, and then them trying to point us in the directions of their favourite indians, we still went with our initial gut feeling about booking at Aroma. OMG (in capitals) it was the best decision we made all weekend, and let me tell you we made a few decisions that weekend.

To say that the menu looked inviting is just the first compliment we can give this small but adequately sized for the friendly atmosphere it exudes. The staff are lovely, friendly,and completely affable. Now that being said lets talk food, there is no better way to enjoy your food than to find a restaurant that the food speaks for itself. A modern take on old favourites, the presentation is of the now. The tastes and aromas that are presented out of the kitchen, in my mind are the best I have tasted since (unfortunately she is no longer with us) but since my ex mother-in-law was my mother-in-law. She won awards with her curries and rightly so as they were the best. I don't really know what else to say about this little gem that Gloucester has, but one thing I know, if you do not put this place on your list of places to eat you are missing out on one of Gloucester's best kept secrets.

I hope you go and I know you will not be dissappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Champagnebay

Reviewed November 21, 2013

visited this lovely place once again after nearly year break. you know what ? nothing changed at all. the same fantastic service and the most important quality of food. been in the other indian raestaurant but nothing to compare with this. beautiful.
real taste of India

1  Thank jani205
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We dropped in last minute yesterday evening without knowing you were one of the most highly rated restaurants in Gloucester. I just wanted to thank you for your wonderful service- It is so lovely to be greeted by the waiting staff with a smile and treated with such politeness and kindness. My meal was one of the best curries I have ever tasted and your staff made it a wonderful evening. We will definitely be back for more!

1  Thank disgruntled095
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Visited on a Sunday for the £7.99 menu, Great food, family friendly, welcoming! Service was fantastic!! I can see why it's so highly rated! Could not be a better meal!!! Thank you Aroma

2  Thank Rgle
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

It was almost empty but the manager was still very happy and welcoming. I got 15% discount as it wad a takeaway.
The food was very tasty and there was plenty of it. I thought the price was very good too. Around £12 for 2 courses.
I think it would be nice to visit and eat inside too.