“Meeting friends.”

Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Nice clean welcoming hotel. Check in from 2pm. Room was small but adequate with a standard size double bed. The room did have air-con ,a TV ,an iron ,ironing board and a small hair dryer in the draw. The pillows had a little message tag on them ,offering you the right firmness of pillow for your stay, you just had to ask at reception.
The bathroom was ok, but a little dated and It had a shower above the bath. There were fresh towels and a small bottle of bubble bath and another small bottle of shampoo.
The lounge area and bar are really nice and modern and comfortable too.
There is a bar menu and a restaurant menu with vegetarian options on both. The food was well presented and of good quality, although saying that I ordered a rainbow grain salad and they forgot the grains! the salad was nice though... .I got offered a complimentary coke.
We all enjoyed our desserts but my husband ordered the summer pudding with whipped cream. The pudding was lovely but there was only half of a teaspoon of cream! So make sure you get all that you order.
We had a good nights sleep .Breakfast was a self service buffet with a good selection and it was good quality .
Excellent shopping near by.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank michele w
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear michele w, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found the room to have all the amenities you would like inlcuding our pillow menu to offer our guests the best comfort for them. I am sorry you experienced a few minor issues in the restaurant but delighted these were resolved. I hope we can welcome you back again for another good nights sleep.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was our second visit this year but did not do a review last time but coming again reminded me just how good the staff are and well worthy of a very positive review. The hotel was also very comfortable and very good value for money. The restaurant food is good hotel standard but not particularly memorable

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear cookBournemouth, thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted we was able to welcome you back again for your second visit this year and that it reminded you of how good the staff are. I am glad your stay was comfortable and I hope this means we can welcome you back for a future stay with us.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Arrived at short notice, the front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly too. A lovely quiet room, so therefore a great nights sleep. Perfect, Nice food too both evening and breakfasts. Highley recommend hotel. I love the huge white towels in the guest rooms, perfect!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DevonDelight
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear DevonDelight, thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. It was delightful reading that you had such a great stay with us and had a great nights sleep. Thank you for reccomending us. I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Booked for four night stay, and although we asked on booking for adjoining rooms with connecting door when we checked in we had the adjoining rooms but no connecting door, obviously a misunderstanding for when I pointed it out nothing was too much trouble to change. We have stayed in far more expensive and luxurious hotels but the service in this one is second to none, all the staff are cheery and only too happy to help, quite refreshing these days.
It's been a while since we were last here, but won't leave it so long next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear freeguard, thank you for taking taking the time to write a few comments on your stay. I am delighted you found the service here second to none and although there was a problem with your rooms you had booked it was solved with no issues. We can't wait to welcome you back again sooner.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed for Business and then RIAT at Fairford. Excellent hotel close to road network but in a quiet location.

Room was everything expected of Holiday Inn, clean, well maintained and in good working order if perhaps a little on the small size. I was on my own but if I had my wife with me it would have been a bit of a squeeze.

Internet worked well though not used for any serious processes such as viewing a video

Downside - short of 240v outlets, good job I carry an extension lead with me for my CPAP machine + the many other things that constantly need re charging.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear PhilipLJackson, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found us of a good location of where you was visiting and the hotel was clean and well maintained. I am sorry you found there to be not many outlets in your room and had to use an extension lead. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Wasn't expecting much to be honest but have to say it was pretty much faultless. OK there was a very noisy wedding reception going on when we arrived, populated by the scariest looking locals I've ever seen (teeth clearly optional), but they didn't disturb us so fair enough. The room was nice, pretty big, and slept 2 adults and 2 kids really comfortably.
But dinner was the complete highlight. Probably the nicest, best value meal we've had in ages, including Las Vegas!!! Wonderfully presented, very tasty, excellent service, totally faultless. The kids loved it too. Who'd have thought it from a Holiday Inn on an industrial estate!

Room Tip: As far away from reception as possible as it gets very busy and noisy from the bar and function room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I am over the moon that you enjoyed your time with us so much especially your dinner experience. I have already read out your review in our morning meeting and our Chef in particular was delighted! Thank you.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Modern front-of-house, but smallest room I've ever stayed in. Standard double bed, only room for one bedside table. Very unloved, stuck in a seventies time-warp, still smells of smoking in some places. Also wins prize for most expensive breakfast. Needs loads of TLC. Only free wifi if you're a Gold card member.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bev M

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I am very sorry that your room was too small and smelt of smoke. This certainly should not have been the case and I have asked my team to investigate why. I apologise again and do hope this did not detract to greatly during your time with us.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again when I am positive your experience will be better. Just to clarify, IHG now offers free standard wifi to all member levels of IHG Rewards so I hope you can take advantage of this next time.

Thanks again for taking the time, it's appreciated.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
#10 of 21 in Gloucester
Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards

Been to Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham? Share your experiences!