Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham
$79
$70
Priceline
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Ibis Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$50
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Gloucester (Twigworth) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$64
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Gloucester (Barnwood) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$69
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Gloucester (Longford) Hotel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$70
Travelodge Gloucester(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
$58
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewspancake machineexecutive roombusiness parkhealth clubswimming poolnice poolleisure facilitiessofa bedthe ground floorsteam roomreception staffbreakfast was excellentevening mealforest of deandecent sizefamily roomplenty of parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed 2 nights with family for a leisure break. Room usual high standard - clean and modern. Leisure facilities modern and up to date, same for restaurant and bar. Ideal base for a family break in the Gloucester/Cheltenham area. No complaints. Exactly what a Holiday Inn should be.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you very much for such a positive review. I am glad you found the hotel clean and modern and your room of a high standard. Your comment of 'Exactly what a Holiday Inn should be' has gave me a great sense of achievement. We hope we can welcome you back soon for another great stay.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Very nice check in experience. Being a gold member got an upgrade. Nice large clean room. Must say that the bed wasn't that great though it was one of ones where you both end up in the middle!! Bar area was excellent with lots of comfortable seating. Bar staff were very pleasant. Bar menue good too. Recommend the fish and chips! Breakfast was pretty good with the usual foods. Very nice staff serving us. Liked it so much staying there again in two weeks!

• Stayed: August 2013
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments. I am glad you was recognised as a gold member and received an upgrade, we do this where we can and you found the room large. I am sorry you didn't find the bed to be great, we are currently in the process of changing our mattresses so hopefully when you stay with us in 2 weeks time you experience one of our new mattresses. I am pleased to hear you found the food and service very nice. We loom forward to welcoming you back again in 2 weeks time.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have just returned from a 5 day stay at the Holiday Inn Gloucester, as part of a National Holidays Coach Trip. I can honestly say that this is a really lovely hotel to stay in. I really couldn't fault it. All staff were very pleasant and helpful. We were made to feel very welcome.The food was very nice too, especially the desserts ! I was particularly impressed with the breakfast selection on a morning. A pancake making machine in the restaurant! Never seen this before and it was a novelty for my son! We had requested ground floor rooms because of my mothers poor mobility and this was granted. My 14 year old son loved the pool which he used every day. I fully intend to come back to this hotel again in the future. Well done every one!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for writing such a positive review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and you was welcomed with our pleasant staff and found the food very nice. I am glad you and your son thoroughly enjoyed the pancake machine this has proved very popular and glad your son enjoyed the pool and he used it everyday. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Check in was efficient, friendly and helpful. Hotel communal areas really clean, tidy and spacious.
We were on room only board so didn't eat in the hotel at all although breakfast sounded very expensive at around £15pp per day if it wasn't included in your room rate.
Room was clean and tidy although I must say I was both surprised and disappointed with the size of the room. It was very small with very little room either side of a double bed. Air conditioning in the room worked wonders (probably because of the size of the room) and kept us very cool and comfortable.

Overall, for the price we paid it was a reasonable, clean and comfortable 3 night stay.

Hotel is out on a commercial site but only about a ten minute drive from Gloucester City Centre and the docks.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found check in to be efficient and friendly and our hotel was clean and tidy. I am sorry you found your room a bit small we do have many size rooms to offer. I am glad you thought the price was reasonable for our hotel and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went with family for weekend, stayed one night. Room was small but very clean and everything you need. Coffee bit expensive from the bar, but Holiday Inn staff were very pleasant and helpful. Had a lovely swim, apart from a rude chap on the desk at Spirit reception. Everything else was great. The breakfast was very good. Apart from they first seated us at a booth, which as anyone knows can be a nightmare for a buffet, so we asked to be moved. All the food was well prepared and fresh. Enjoyed our day in Gloucester and evening in Cheltenham. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found the hotel to be comfortable, pleasant and in a good location and you found the staff very helpful. I am sorry to hear about your experience with one of our spirit team members, this will be brought up and discussed with immediate effect as I can assure you this is an odd occasion of this happening. I hope we can welcome you back soon.