“Probably one of the nicest Holiday Inns we've stayed in!”

Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Very nice check in experience. Being a gold member got an upgrade. Nice large clean room. Must say that the bed wasn't that great though it was one of ones where you both end up in the middle!! Bar area was excellent with lots of comfortable seating. Bar staff were very pleasant. Bar menue good too. Recommend the fish and chips! Breakfast was pretty good with the usual foods. Very nice staff serving us. Liked it so much staying there again in two weeks!

• Stayed: August 2013
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments. I am glad you was recognised as a gold member and received an upgrade, we do this where we can and you found the room large. I am sorry you didn't find the bed to be great, we are currently in the process of changing our mattresses so hopefully when you stay with us in 2 weeks time you experience one of our new mattresses. I am pleased to hear you found the food and service very nice. We loom forward to welcoming you back again in 2 weeks time.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have just returned from a 5 day stay at the Holiday Inn Gloucester, as part of a National Holidays Coach Trip. I can honestly say that this is a really lovely hotel to stay in. I really couldn't fault it. All staff were very pleasant and helpful. We were made to feel very welcome.The food was very nice too, especially the desserts ! I was particularly impressed with the breakfast selection on a morning. A pancake making machine in the restaurant! Never seen this before and it was a novelty for my son! We had requested ground floor rooms because of my mothers poor mobility and this was granted. My 14 year old son loved the pool which he used every day. I fully intend to come back to this hotel again in the future. Well done every one!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for writing such a positive review. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and you was welcomed with our pleasant staff and found the food very nice. I am glad you and your son thoroughly enjoyed the pancake machine this has proved very popular and glad your son enjoyed the pool and he used it everyday. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Check in was efficient, friendly and helpful. Hotel communal areas really clean, tidy and spacious.
We were on room only board so didn't eat in the hotel at all although breakfast sounded very expensive at around £15pp per day if it wasn't included in your room rate.
Room was clean and tidy although I must say I was both surprised and disappointed with the size of the room. It was very small with very little room either side of a double bed. Air conditioning in the room worked wonders (probably because of the size of the room) and kept us very cool and comfortable.

Overall, for the price we paid it was a reasonable, clean and comfortable 3 night stay.

Hotel is out on a commercial site but only about a ten minute drive from Gloucester City Centre and the docks.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found check in to be efficient and friendly and our hotel was clean and tidy. I am sorry you found your room a bit small we do have many size rooms to offer. I am glad you thought the price was reasonable for our hotel and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went with family for weekend, stayed one night. Room was small but very clean and everything you need. Coffee bit expensive from the bar, but Holiday Inn staff were very pleasant and helpful. Had a lovely swim, apart from a rude chap on the desk at Spirit reception. Everything else was great. The breakfast was very good. Apart from they first seated us at a booth, which as anyone knows can be a nightmare for a buffet, so we asked to be moved. All the food was well prepared and fresh. Enjoyed our day in Gloucester and evening in Cheltenham. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you found the hotel to be comfortable, pleasant and in a good location and you found the staff very helpful. I am sorry to hear about your experience with one of our spirit team members, this will be brought up and discussed with immediate effect as I can assure you this is an odd occasion of this happening. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed her for one night on the way down to Dorset great location just off the m5.
The service was excellent from all the staff spaical mention to stuart on reception.
Our two daughters love the pool after a long drive to burn some energy off.
Will use again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments. I am pleased to read that you found our location great, the service excellent and I will pass on your special mention and glad your daughters loved the pool. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

just had a long weekend in gloucester this hotel is very good. All the staff were very polite and helpful. We had a smashing meal in the evening. Bedroom was clean and well mantained bed was very comfy cant fault anything would recomend a stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely comments, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and found that you couldn't fault us with our friendly staff, good meals and comfortable beds. Thank you for recommending us, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here a couple of times recently as it's convenient for the nearby competitions at Hartpury. On the whole, it satisfied what I needed from it - spacious, clean comfy room in the main. The restaurant food isn't terrific if I'm honest, although the bar is a nice enough place to have a night cap. Swimming pool is lovely but there are a lot of aerobic classes held, so unless you have the whole day to pop back you might not bother. Staff were very nice. The only issue I have - both times - was the noise from other residents. I know that this is a difficult thing for the hotel to control, but it is simply not on to have to put up with kids running up and down the hallway, slamming doors and shouting at their parents at 8 in the morning. Likewise, it isn't on for guests from a wedding to be doing the same in the early hours!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad the hotel is convenient for you and that it satisfied your needs. I am very sorry to hear that you were disturbed by people, although this is a difficult problem to control we do try what we can to control the noise as we do not like our guest being disturbed and unable to relax. I hope we can welcome you back where hopefully this problem will not happen again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
#10 of 21 in Gloucester
Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards

Been to Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham? Share your experiences!