Peppers
Ranked #24 of 329 Restaurants in Gloucester
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe and take away specialising in wholesome homemade foods. Licensed. Seating upstairs, in a secluded courtyard and an airy function room. Live music on alternate Fridays.Opening times:Monday 8am - 3pmTuesday to Friday 8am - 4pmSaturday 10am to 4pmClosed Sundays and all Bank Holidays.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Perfect venue to enjoy lunch. Beautiful home made quiche and salad. Not a huge place but with so much character and so very friendly.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I chanced upon Peppers, as it is tucked off the main thoroughfare, and was so pleased I did. As a vegan I struggle to find good places to eat outside the big centres. The salad buffet was excellent, so I took a takeaway down to the Waterfront. The salads were imaginative and tasty. I know where I shall be eating lunch when I visit Gloucester again. (For those put off by vegan enthusiasm, don't be; they are not a veg*n restaurant.)

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Love the outdoor courtyard in the back and the salad bar which has a good range of home made and very tasty salads. Love the eclectic decor too. Difficult to find, as it is down an alley off Westgate Street, but look for the A Boards or the Bike sign and you can find it - or just ask a local. I use Peppers regularly

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I (both vegetarians) stopped here for lunch. Was pleasantly surprised with the amount of choice, we had the veggie chilli - my husband had rice with his - I tend to find rice quite dull, not here! His had lots of flavour and amongst other things it had pumpkin seeds in it! The courtyard area is lovely, would be even better if there wasn't someone smoking on the next table but I appreciate that that isn't Peppers fault. Would definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We'd read some of the reviews and thought we'd give it a try, we popped in for a lunchtime snack one rainy Saturday. There was a good selection of homemade quiches on offer with meaty and vegetarian options, jacket potatoes with a variety of filings and sandwiches and baguettes that would be made to order so you know its fresh. The salad bar had a nice selection of different things on it and we were told to help ourselves to the salad while they cut the slices of quiche and warmed it for us. We also noticed they offered gluten free options, which as we both have family members who are gluten intolerant is good to know. We took our seats upstairs and our drinks and food were bought to us when they were ready. It is good wholesome fresh food at a good honest price, it has a quirky family run feel about it and the owners are obviously into cycling and have shown that in some of their décor and table accessories, it does have a feel like they've let you into their home to feed you, I like that :-) To those who have complained about the lack of menus on the table I blow a raspberry in your general direction! Some of the nicest places to eat are those that don't have a menu as you know that what's on offer on the chalk board is going to be fresh from whatever ingredients were available on that day. I would certainly go back to this restaurant as I liked the choice and quality of food available.