“Great Vegetarian choices and friendly attentive staff.”
Review of Wheatstone Inn

Wheatstone Inn
Ranked #45 of 335 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We offer a contemporary, gastropub mixture of cuisine. From a full English breakfast served 7am-9am daily, to a 3 course evening menu meal, including duck, venison, chicken makani tiffin and game pie. We also cater for those leisurely and quick business lunches offering burrito's, sandwiches, soups and light bites.
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Myself and my partner ate at The Wheatstone Inn 2 nights in a row whilst staying at the Premier Inn. On entering we were greeted by a friendly waiter who showed us to our table and explained all the different menu choices. I chose the Vegetarian burger and my partner the Vegetarian Ravioli. Both meals were superb and we didn't wait long for them to arrive. All the staff were friendly and attentive and nothing was too much trouble.
I discovered this wonderful soft drink whilst I was there it was a 'Fentiman's Traditional Fizzy Rose' and tasted of Turkish Delight.
I would recommend the Wheatstone Inn it's a delight to behold.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was staying in the nearby Holiday Inn and decided I wanted a Sunday Lunch, the holiday in dont do roasts, so I decided to venture out to this bar. A little understated and a little lost next to the tenpin bowling and, what looked like, a desolate premier inn. This bar was simply delectable to eat at.

The food

I had the roast beef and the food was hot, tasty and didnt turn up like it was microwaves 10 seconds earlier. The only mark down I would give it is that the yorkshire pudding looked like someone had added it after the food was platted but never the less it was delicious. I decided to skip the dessert because I was so full after my main course but I saw some of the others that came out of the kitchen area and they looked delicious too.

The staff

I was met at the front door by a gentleman who asked if it was a table for 3, which was humorous because I was there on my own. Great natured staff who do a good job without having to 'try' at it. There was a pleasant lady who took my food order, who had what sounded like an eastern european accent. Anyone who has ever been to most of these countries know that as rule they are pleasant mannered and pleasant to look at!! (Ok so I got a minor crush on the waitress!)

The setting

The Pub has an old west country feel to it despite the fact its sat next to a dual carriage way, a premier inn and a bowling alley. Anyone looking for an adult only setting should probably give this a miss and its very family friendly, as you would expect from and old west country feeling bar. The bar is finished in wood all around and tastefully decorated.

The bottom line: Cost

The items on the menu were reasonably priced for a bar meal, and the quality of the food was excellent. for a main meal and a soft drink you are talking £10 - £12 per person, depending on what you order

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Situated adjacent to the Premier Inn this restaurant attracts many customers other than from the hotel. There's a great choice of food and wine on the menu and the quality was excellent. The staff and service were very good and attentive. It was quite busy in the evening for mid week but we didn't feel rushed or crowded. Would suggest booking a table for a weekend night. A most enjoyable restaurant.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed at the travel inn for weekend end, went for breakfast which was really good, cooked to order.Ffriendly staff who worked none stop place, trying to accommodate everyone, was a bit manic due to not enough tables for the number of people staying in the travel inn, would avoid eating breakfast at 9.30 !

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed in premier in on friday had dinner at the restaurant had scallops and seabass served with risotto and my partner had steak cooked to perfection. Very friendly staff would advise though for breakfast to go early as it gets very very busy. Overall had a lovely stay and will definateley visit again .