“A busy place”

Wheatstone Inn
Ranked #40 of 326 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We offer a contemporary, gastropub mixture of cuisine. From a full English breakfast served 7am-9am daily, to a 3 course evening menu meal, including duck, venison, chicken makani tiffin and game pie. We also cater for those leisurely and quick business lunches offering burrito's, sandwiches, soups and light bites.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A busy place”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I came here twice during the week. Once it was very busy so I went somewhere else but I came back the next day and there were tables available. The food was nice and it was quite cheap. I had duck for a main and ice cream for desert. The portions were very big. I couldn't finish the main off. The service wasn't the fastest I've ever encountered but it was very busy.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Lou856

“Hella kitchen”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

1 hour between courses.... Ignorant staff.... Shotgun pellet in the food.... A joke of a place when I dined Sunday night... Supposedly a quiet night.

Last time I was here it was raw prawns... Never again....

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Wheatstone Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Googly1299,

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear of the issues you received during your visit, we have asked the management team to investigate the wait you received along with the comments regarding the staff. In regards to the pellets whilst every effort has been made to idnetify and remove any shot, pellets or traces of bone within the game dishes, please note that some fragmentsmay retain.

We have also sent you a direct message to discuss your review further.

Regards
Chef & Brewer
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Very decent meal & good atmosphere.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Walked in on the off chance and we were seated straight away. Busy and good atmosphere. Good value three course meal from the specials menu with flexibility to have starters and pudding off the main menu. Had run out of 2 out of the 6 dishes available, but excellent 'game' promotion. Overall a tasty interesting meal.

Basingstoke
“Great food - Busy but Service still excellent”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We luckily booked our table earlier in the day - a good job we did as there were queues of people by 8pm waiting for a table - I was a bit concerned about this as it can affect the speed of service but this was very good - the food was excellent - we started with the baked Camembert to share and then my husband had the fish pie and I had the beef rib - both were very well cooked and were tasty - we then shared a crumble and custard which again was very good.
Our waitress was lovely - Karolina I think her name was - very pleasant and smiley despite it being very busy - will definitely be going back when we are in the area again.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank footballhells
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Don't bother if you are hungry”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I arrived at the restaurant and had to wait for 5 mins for sermons to come and take me to a table. I was asked if I would like a drink, of course I would. I was given he menu and the specials menu. Over 30 minutes later my drink arrived! I was then asked if I was randy to order. I decided on the specials menu only to be told they had just sold out of the dish I wanted, I gave up and walked out.

• Visited October 2012