“Work lunch...”

Ranked #1 of 59 Quick Bites in Gloucester
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

My colleague asked me if wanted anything from “on toast" the other week and showed me their menu.
We rang through our order and a colleague of ours picked it up.

I had the "hunters“ and my toasted sandwich was full with chicken bacon cheese n bbq sauce, it was very wholesome and fulfill, providing good value for money also.

Since I've been introduced to "on toast" I've had a couple now and I can't fault them.

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

This is a little hidden gem in the beautiful setting of Gloucester docks. People come from miles around to taste the food here. Don't be put off that it's all toasties. You will not believe the ingredients use, top class And tongue tantalizing. You'll never taste a better toastie any where. A real meal feast whether it's savory or sweet. Guys you gotta try this place. Must go to place if in or near Gloucester

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 29, 2016

Service - fantastic. Food very nice - huge portions - I had the Hunters Chicken toasted sandwich - chicken, bacon and cheese with BBQ sauce - very nice but was missing coriander in my opinion - I like BBQ chicken pizza's in America - enough for 2 people really. Highly recommended - near Tommy's shipyard. Has nice tables outside right by the marina. Pleasant.

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic place, we have now been twice, with all the cookie cutter same old restaurants everywhere, these small, proudly run establishments are gems and worth looking for.
My kids love it, great food, great coffee, great service.
Plus, with such a huge menu and quality to boot, we can visit each time we go to Gloucester without getting bored.

Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

1st time to Gloucester. Saw the barge cafe and thought yes but it was closed. Going to antiques centre so thought we'd try the cafe there but that was closed too. Am so glad they were or we'd never have gone to On Toast. The man in the antiques suggested it.
I had mars bar and banana. Should have been yuck but it wasn't, it was yumtastic! Hubby had one with olives and other things I don't like so I didn't try but he said was lovely. Daughter had West Country with pulled pork and cheese which was delicious. Filled to the brim it made us plan to replace our thrown out sandwich maker as soon as possible and get cracking on some of On Toasts recipes.
It was far too warm to sit in side. They need more room for more tables both inside and out.