“Average”

Description: Authentic indian cuisine
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I tried this restaurant some time ago and decided to visit again. I found it very average and the Byriani less than average. A meal requested hot was mild and bland. I think there are better Indian restaurants in the area.

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank Phil C

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Hot Stuff”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We have been in a few times now and always had a good meal, although the air con did not seem to be very effective at cooling you in the warmer months.
It was \nice to be able to sit down and have a drink whilst waiting for the table to be set.
I have never had to complain about anything, but I personally rate this restaurant as my second favorite.

Visited October 2011
Bristol
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We found this restaurant on Groupon while looking for any deals for our weekend away in Gloucester and we were not disappointed. We visited on a Sunday night and it was not packed but pleasantly busy. The service was a little slow but we did not mind as it gave us plenty of time to chat. The food was delicious and we had absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Chicken and prawns all cooked perfectly (not over-cooked as is often the case in Indian restaurants) and my vegetarian starter was lovely. We would definitely return when in the area again.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank OfficerCharlieDibble
England
“Beware of 'Rugby' Days!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Visiting for the weekend in Gloucester, we booked a table for two at this restaurant some weeks in advance. Arriving at 8.15 on the Saturday we found it full, and had to wait 15mins for our table to become available. Gloucester Rugby had played at home and the place was ‘stuffed’.
When we were seated we found the atmosphere ‘loud’, although not threatening or particularly unpleasant in that respect, (I played Rugby for many years and know how things are) but we were elbow to elbow at our table with others.
We ordered starters, which took 30mins to arrive and then, having finished these, were asked to move. Apparently our table, with one recently vacated were to be put together so another 6 people could be crammed in.
The main course arrived at 9.55. At this time, a group of 10 were levered in to the restaurant, 2 sitting at tables already occupied by others. Those tables did not object but I wonder what would have been the result if they had.
When the bill came it showed a 10% extra service charge. When my other half queried it, she was told this was because it was a ‘Rugby’ day. When she asked where it was shown on the menu and how it could be justified, the waiter said ‘don’t argue with me’. We refused to pay this extra charge.
So, on a night when the staff and kitchen clearly can’t cope, you are jammed in like sardines in a melee of noise and people squeezing past, you have to move tables so they can make some extra money and you wait 50 minutes between starters and your main meal, you are expected to pay 10% more for the experience!

On a positive note, the food is good and, without an extra 10%, is reasonably priced, and for those who are expecting the crush, I am sure they appreciate the restaurant 'fitting them in'.

I think the management need to get their policy, and service, in order, at least telling people what to expect. The ‘revellers’ may not mind the extra charge, lots may not notice, but I can’t see how it can be justified under the circumstances. Waiter rudeness certainly cant be justified.

(N.B. This is NOT a rant against Gloucester supporters who were perfectly fine !)

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank CheeseSlicer
Chalford, United Kingdom
“Surprising jewel in the heart of Gloucester”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Good service, pleasant atmosphere, sensible prices and fantastic food.
The menu is extremely extensive and will suit any taste from mild to wild, with a mixture of delicate and highly spiced dishes including the usual chicken, lamb, and king prawn favourites - as well as a variety of house specials.
The finest curry i've had in Gloucestershire.

• Visited August 2011