“Perfect overnight stay”

Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Such a fantastic hotel. We pre-booked online and paid just £29 for our overnight stay but also received 10% cash back via Quidco which made it even more of a bargain!
We couldn't have been more delighted with our room - nice and quiet, pristinely clean, plenty of space and they even game us extra towels and bedding for our toddler.
The cherry on the cake for us was a late evening treat off their pudding menu... JUDE'S ICECREAM!!!!! Heaven in a bowl and very decently priced too. Couldn't be happier with the Ibis at Gloucester and we will most definitely be staying here again. Thank you Ibis :)

Stayed: June 2014
Joanne G, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Ibis Gloucester

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I am disappointed that you

IBIS refused to accommodate me , the customer and her family.

The say the consider my daughter an adult at 13 year old. When I said a 13 , they advised they would not allow a sofa or put up bed in the room.

When staying at Holiday inn,
they have always accommodated this simple request without any fuss or problems. Hence, I will not consider staying at Ibis.

To add insult to injury Ibis sent a further emailing saying they have debited my card with 100% of the 1 night stay even though we cannot stay because we refuse to let our daughter stay in a room on her own.

I just want to warn other parents of their ridiculous policy and their flat refusal to let me have my money back.

I did make it quite clear in my initial request that if they couldn't accommodate my daughter then they should contact me ASAP so I can make alternative arrangements. Ibis ignored this.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Paulapowe

Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing your feedback. I understand that during my absence from the Hotel your situation has been dealt with and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Conveniently situated for my trip. Booked in advance but not particularly cheap. Staff ok but multi-tasking to the detriment of customer service. Mean with towels. Breakfast great though - all you can eat hot/cold. Had windows open because very hot and road outside quite noisy and busy at times.

2  Thank vincent12089
Joanne G, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Vincent,
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on h6900-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Had a two night stay here whilst visiting friends. A newly built hotel which I found had basic facilities but very clean throughout. The bedroom flooring was wooden and the furniture was just adequate. Although on a busy main road, we found it quiet and the bed was comfortable. The buffet breakfast was not so great for the price of £7.95, with a less-than-hot breakfast selection and tea and coffee from a machine. The price paid however was very reasonable so this has to be taken into account.

1  Thank Dennisgee2610

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Gloucester. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about breakfast which which we are addressing. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2014

A large group of us stayed for two nights.It was an exceptional experience.The service and food were of the highest quality.The rooms are very pleasant and the cleanliness was of a very high standard.I was particularly impressed by the professionalism of the Groups Manager Diego Sciascia and his staff - the service was excellent. Breakfast was a real treat and we also enjoyed the evening meals.
This was excellent value and I would fully recommend a visit.We will return!

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the Hotel.The rooms on the front overlook the road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Joanne G, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear George,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that Diego and the rest of my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night recently (and once last year). On both occasions we had a pleasant stay in a comfortable room. Ate in the hotel this time as well, not a wide menu selection but enough to make a choice from, chicken and chips was ok - "thick chunky chips" on the menu turned into Macdonalds slimline chips on arrival at the table, but they were ok.
Generally happy with the visit though and would happily stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank bernie_joyce

Dear Bernie & Joyce,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here with us at Ibis Gloucester. We are pleased you enjoyed your time here and apologise for the skinny fries. We do hope you will return to stay with us in the future.
Kind regards