“Happy to stay again”

Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a 2 night stay here (for the 2nd time) and we really can't fault it for the price. Booked and paid online in advance @ £26 per night really can't grumble. Quiet reception so no problems getting booked in, the lady was polite and pleasant. The rooms are compact but nice and clean. Restaurant/bar staff were all friendly, slight communication problem with the food order being taken but the food itself was simple and well cooked. Location was okay for us as we had a car but it does lack other amenities. I will mention that there is a Chef and Brewer located just off the roundabout as an alternative eatery but don't be tempted to stay at the accompanying hotel as it's not nice, with an unpleasant aroma in the bathrooms (Yes we changed rooms! lol and hotels! :D ). We definitely plan to stay at the Ibis again as it's a far superior hotel in the budget range.

Room Tip: No fabulous views but on the 2nd floor we had no noise. Seems to be pretty well sound proofed.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicolamoir, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back toIbis Gloucester very soon. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed April 5, 2013

As an Accor Card member I stay in hotels regularly, not just Ibis, but Mercure, Novotel and other brands etc, I find the Ibis chain basic but generally very clean, tidy, the staff are efficient and friendly and the rooms comfortable.

Recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights whilst visiting the area for business/leisure, We generally found most of the staff to be very efficient and friendly, polite, chatty and smiley except for Tiziana who checked us in, struggled to break a smile and appeared quite abrupt in conversation especially when I requested to put a drink on my room bill, she snapped back 'well have you pre-registered a credit card upon check in?' well actually no Tiziana, you just checked us in ten minutes ago and you didn't suggest that nor did you give me that option either, so how would I of known (despite you already having my card details from when I paid in advance for the room on accor.com).

On the morning after our first night, the housekeeping staff had the audacity to remove a toiletry item from our room which neither belonged to them or the hotel and was subsequently never returned nor dealt with despite a complaint (however upon check out this was reinformed to the very helpful guy who dealt with it efficiently and reimbursed the loss).

The breakfast offering was satisfactory, however my only gripes were that the coffee machine should be replaced with a coffee machine that uses fresh milk instead of powdered creamer which tastes revolting and makes morning coffee taste even worse and the bacon was undercooked each day (prefer at least some crispy bacon) and also if you put a lid on hot hash browns.. they turn into mashed potato shapes and don't taste like hash browns so would be better if the protocol was changed to tell staff to not put a lid on potato items.

Aside from the obvious staff issues above, the rest were well presented and polite, however one specific member of staff stood out to me as being the most attentive, helpful, polite, friendly, efficient and I'd say a mascot for the Ibis Gloucester hotel and that was the Asian night manager/night person (sorry didn't catch his name), top bloke and I'd like nominate as Employee of the Month.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cluster9
Nicolamoir, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Hotel Ibis Gloucester, I have passed your comments on to my team. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the toiletries and staff, which we are addressing. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night in March and I have to say I was very impressed, the room was very clean, bed was great very comfy, the bathroom was like a space capsule! It had a large shower and was very clean. The only downside for me was the eating area it was like being on the motorway services but we only had breakfast there, I would have chosen to have a meal there wasn't a relaxing area far too bright like a canteen.
The breakfast cost £7.50 as I only have cereal asked if I had to pay £7.50, the lady said no just use the hubby's allowance which I did, thought this was very good og her not many would have said that and the breakfast overall was very good. The cost for the night without breakfast was £26 and I would stay here again without any hesitation, good base for travelling round the cotswolds and alot cheaper than staying in some hotels around the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Hotel Ibis Gloucester and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here overnight without any particular expectations and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. The room was well laid out. Check-in/out was easy and efficient. Breakfast was very good. I'd definitely recommend Ibis Gloucester and would be happy to stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Glad you had a good time at Hotel ibis Gloucester! Hope to see you again. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We booked two rooms.One double...and a twin bedded for my 99 year old mother in law.
We were devastated to discover when we got up in the morning to discover she had barely slept all night because the heating system for her room FAILED! No ifs,,no buts...IT FAILED.
The indifference of the young ;lady at the reception bothered me...I was asked most indignantly...why hadn't mother telephoned them,,,or us....She (receptionist) could not - or did not wish to - understand that at 99 years old, - whilst 100% compus mentis...operating modern tech phones and the like is beyond her compass . Our own room was immaculate in every way
.It is not unreasonable to expect a modern hotel to have its heating system 100% operational.
I am disappointed in a) the attitude of the receptionist, b) That the room's heating system had not been detected as deficient...and I am angry about it!...IT WAS DEFECTIVE PERIOD!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Hotel Ibis Gloucester. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and this is why Ibis Hotels offer a 15 minute guarentee so that if you have a problem that is caused by the hotel then you can let us know and we will fix it within 15 minutes. If you would like to discuss this matter further please contact me at the hotel. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager

Reviewed April 1, 2013

my stay at the hotel was a very pleasurable one, the hotel staff were very attentive and were very pleasant to deal with. Nothing was too much trouble and they met you at reception with a smile. The room was very comfortable and clean and to a very high standard. would recommend to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Ibis Gloucester and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a good value, modern hotel, located on the edge of Gloucester. Rooms are typical Ibis, fairly basic but comfortable. good value TV / internet package Have stayed here several times and wouldn't choose anything else in Gloucester at this price. early booking gives excellent discounts

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Hotel ibis Gloucester. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Nicola Moir General Manager