“"A get-a-way break"”

Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Having read previous reviews and seen pics on this hotel I was very reluctant to go but, I'm very happy I went anyway because I was very pleased with the front and surroundings of the hotel. Staff were all very friendly and even offered to help with the luggage. Hotel was nice and clean and our room was of a good standard...very pleased. The only complaint I have are the pillows but, that was sorted as soon as I rang the front desk to ask for extra pillows. Even our 2 Bichon Frise fluffy boys were made comfortable. I must say their meals were superb so, get stuck into the Slow Cooked Lamb Shank when you're there...yum, yum! Don't let the negative comments stop you from going to this pleasant hotel...experience it for yourself.

Room Tip: We had the best room 205 (I think) quiet and very pleasant.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thank you for the balanced and constructive feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and appreciate you taking the time to give us directions on where you feel we could improve. We hope to see you back with us again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,748)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

4 Stars and a hotel worthy of them ,my wife son and i had a great few days in this hotel .
will return again.
sorry can you just change one very small thing ,the tea machine in the breakfast hall only
gives you warm tea ,a tea urn would be better.
great stay thanks for having us.

Room Tip: room 128 is very nice
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank martin h
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review, we appreciate you posting such positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the hallmark with my wife, and had a really relaxing stay and thought the facilities were great.
The staff were welcoming and helpful to our every needs.
If visiting to Gloucester again, we would probably stay at the hallmark for a second time.

• Stayed: September 2013
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for the great review, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hallmark Gloucester very soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a very spacious suite for our anniversary. Got a great deal and enjoyed going to nearby Cheltenham. The lounge in the suite lacked character but was big and loved having breakfast in there.

Swimming pool is big and enjoyed having a dip. Changing rooms not linked to the pool though. Good gym as well.

Dinner in the restaurant was good and overall had a great stay and great value for what we paid. Not sure we'd come back but more to do with not liking Gloucester.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Bungl
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for the great review, we are sorry you did not find more to like in Gloucester, I hope you will still consider us as a base in the future to explore the Cotswolds.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. The main reason I booked the hotel was for it's gym facilities but after a tiring days work & more emails to send in the evening I opted for a exercise-free stay.

The hotel is opposite a dry ski slope (that has see better days) and the route I took from the M5 bought me through Matson which from what I saw was made up completely of hideous magnolia coloured council flats.

The professional photo's of the hotel are somewhat misleading. The main reception is lovely and modern but is flanked either side by dated accommodation blocks. The room itself was nice and spacious, clean and had all necessary electronics. The only gripe was the width of the bath tub, it was pretty narrow for a stand-up shower....you have to stand to attention in order to remain upright!

I generally sleep quite well in hotels but a couple of things made for a unsettled sleep:

1) The extractor fan from the room upstairs was incredibly loud and even through my ear plugs it woke me up a couple of times in the night!

2) The bed didn't have a duvet, just a sheet and blanket. Last time I checked Gloucestershire wasn't in the Med!

3) The pillows supplied were well used and had no life/spring in them. Pillows like pancakes!

There are two dining options for dining, a formal restaurant or the bar. After sitting down in the restaurant and perusing the options I decided to opt for a pint and something from the bar menu.

Overall, a pleasant enough hotel but I'll most probably seek something better next time!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your visit. I do wish you had let us know that you were not happy with your pillows so that we could have addressed this easily solved issue. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here two nights this week, staff very friendly, rooms decent sized, very clean, food ok. All in all decent stay.

TOP TIP...

When ordering food with Chips, if your hungry order extra otherwise your only getting 8 with your meal

Stayed: September 2013
Steve C, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for the fantastic feedback, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you taking the time to leave us your positive comments.

We look forward to seeing you back with us again very soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed her before but still ended up at the wrong end of the road when following the sat nav! It's through a housing estate, at the foot of the ski slope, so head for that :-)
Having got there, it's a lovely place with beautiful rooms. I'm always impressed by the additional luxury provided by the Villeroy & Bosch china and quality toiletries. Beds are very comfortable but couldn't get a decent wifi signal in the room.
Comfortable bar. Good restaurant - which is lucky as there isn't anywhere else nearby.
Recommended.

Room Tip: Lots of stairs and fire door, so make sure you discuss your room location is this will be an issue.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LadyBeresford2013

Thank you for the great feedback, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you taking the time to leave us your positive comments. We look forward t seeing you back with us again very soon.

I would also like to offer my thanks to you for tipping guests to head for the ski slopes, some sat nav's do send guests slightly off course, but following signs for the ski slopes will get you to us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings
Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury

Been to Hallmark Hotel Gloucester? Share your experiences!