“Fantastic weekend”

Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Gloucester
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Fantastic weekend as we took 16 13/14 year olds on a rugby tour . The staff were excellent and the facilities matched. We couldn't have asked for more as the weather was against us but with the superb package of hotel, staff and pool the boys and parents really enjoyed themselves. Would highly recommend for any groups or families and couples if you are in the area or looking for a relaxing break then look no further.
Thanks you to one and all at the hotel for looking after us especially Katy

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

It was a pleasure looking after your party, we are pleased that you all enjoyed it and I hope that you will be back to see us again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,685)

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Apparently this is the best hotel in Gloucester - not very impressive. The checking in service was brusque and disinterested. My bedroom was large but cold. To be warm enough in bed I had to fold over the bedspread to give me another layer - there was nothing extra in the wardrobe. I wasn't the only one to do this, a colleague had done exactly the same. When we tried to get a drink in the bar at 6pm we were told that we'd have to wait as the staff member was doing her admin. We had to wait about 10 minutes....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sjs1811

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts following your visit. I do apologise for where we have erred and I am pleased that you have given us this feedback to act upon, please contact me directly so that I can investigate the service issues more thoroughly.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I bought a two day spa break for my mother and father for mums 80th birthday,My parents returned with nothing biut good things to say about the hotel ,they could'nt praise the quality of the staff enough.The room was very comfortable,the food excellent and the spa thoroughly enjoyable.The truth is the they loved it ,give it a go anyone out there.

Room Tip: The only slifghtest grievance was that the sat nav took them on a little bit of a detour,perhaps th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for your great review, it is brilliant to learn when we give someone a fantastic stay. Hopefully we will see your family with us again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I first came here in May 2012 for business purposes and ended up staying here every weekday for 10 months.

Over that time, I have seen big improvements in service, staff - particularly in the the dining area - and facilities. It's now operating as you'd expect a 4* hotel to work, but some of the personal touches I've experienced recently push it towards 5*

The food is consistently of good quality, and the selection for breakfast beats a lot of other hotels that I've stayed at.

The staff in the gym are also very friendly and I've used it a lot whilst being here. If I have one criticism, it's that the facilities in the gym/swimming/spa area could do with modernising (Hallmark Head Office take note...).

I will miss the Hallmark Gloucester when my work in the area comes to an end. I guess the best recommendation I can give is that, in addition to staying here for business, I have paid for my own accommodation when staying here with my family.

I hope to be back sometimes soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor of the newer wing, facing the ski slope. The view is better than t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

We truly appreciate your business, it is a pleasure to look after you and I hope that we will see you again very soon for business or with your family, all the best!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

First impression when we arrived, was i hope the hotels nice inside. It didn't seem to be located in a very desirable area. Not the place you would normally find a four star hotel.
After entering and checking in we soon realized we could relax and enjoy our stay. Our room was very clean,modern and very comfortable (a duvet would of made it even nicer). We had our own thermostat so the room was very warm.
We made a reservation for 7pm in the restaurant which we were glad we did as there was nowhere locally other than driving into the town centre which was about 2/3 miles. The food was excellent, service was quick and the staff were very efficient. They had an offer on 3 courses for £20 which was excellent value. Breakfast the next morning was really nice, lots of choice.
All the staff were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Thanks for making our stay so enjoyable and stress free!!
Would love to stay in the hotel again but unfortunately didn't like the area.

Room Tip: We had room 109. It was quiet and very easy to find
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for the detailed and constructive review. I hope you will give the area another chance as we have some great places to visit right on our doorstep.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I took my partners here for his 21st birthday and had such a good day,Very pleased with the staff a the leisure facilities. We used the leisure facilities and had massages a they Could not have made us anymore welcome,also had lunch which was lovely and again staff were brill. Thank you very much for making mine and my partners day great. M and D from newent

Room Tip: The staff are great and very welcoming
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your fantastic feedback. I hope that you will be back to see us again very soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was in the area working and chose the hotel based on a colleagues recommendation. The hotel was clean and comfortable and all the staffs were friendly and attentive. I ate in the restaurant early evening, my meal was served quickly and the waitress on duty made sure that I was well looked after. The room was warm and comfortable.... The breakfast was really good, the selection of items on offer was fantastic.... again, service was efficient and friendly. if I'm back in the area I will use the hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013

It was great to be able to look after you on your recent visit, I do hope that you will consider using us again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
Hotel Ibis Gloucester
#3 of 21 in Gloucester

Been to Hallmark Hotel Gloucester? Share your experiences!