All reviews car park fridge and microwave late at night ideal location plenty of hot water comfy bed gloucester quays docks cathedral
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. Firstly the pros: we arrived late and we were greeted by an extremely helpful concierge who helped us with our bags. The room itself was clean, modern and well presented. Fabulous shower in newly refurbished bathroom. However, it was the little things that let it down. Lack of hooks or furniture to put clothes in the bathroom. No breakfast available in the hotel. The towels, whilst clean were ragged at the edges. The 10am checkout time.. An extra 30 minutes would make a huge difference here. It would give guests a chance to grab breakfast nearby before checking out. In hindsight, it's probably not the best for families due to lack of lift, parking (there is remote parking nearby) and street noise at night. Having said all this, the hotel is under refurbishment and perhaps many of these will be resolved when this is complete. More suited to young travellers, I think.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed at The New County Inn and what a wonderful stay it was! I believe we were in one of the newer rooms, and how lovely it was! Very comfy bed, lovely spacious room, the bathroom and shower were very modern and great to use. It was a peaceful stay and we will definitely be coming again

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

This was the most disappointing hotel stay we have had. The room was very very hot. We had to open the windows which made a minor difference but the noise from revellers at the bar below went on well into the early hours. Very little sleep. Staff could only offer two more fans and earplugs for our second pre-booked night. One towel was threadbare, there was no towel rail in en suite, the sheet was too small for the mattress and one leg was broken on the chair. Fresh new towels were delivered.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2017

Excellent location right in the heart of Gloucester. Warm welcome when we arrived, the staff were very pleasant and friendly. We were allocated one of the newer rooms in the courtyard which was very quiet and we were delighted with the quality of the room. Beautifully clean, warm and cost. Amazingly well equipped, even had a fridge and a microwave. We would definitely stay here again. What a find - a real gem!

Room tip: The courtyard
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

Arrived at hotel 7pm pleasant young man on reception, I was a bit apprehensive after seeing the photographs on here. The room I was giving was 31 went in yes ok clean bathroom clean, the curtains were closed when I looked out I was at the back the room was very warm, could only get the window open a few inches.No sign of a menu I was told they don't do breakfast.Through the night the fridge was noisy the bed was so hard in the morning my back was aching one pillow which was as hard as the bed. So think hard before you book I will not be back.

Date of stay: May 2017