“Great place”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This pub is a treat we were there on sat and had a fab meal good company and friendly staff. It's good value with great portions so definatley go there.......

Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

This pub surely only survives because of its location - on the bank of a wide part of the Severn. Peaceful (apart from the farm machinery noises) and lovely on a sunny evening. The food however was very basic and very expensive for what it was. My lasagne seemed to be made out of slurry and my partner's burger was an Economy type with a slice of processed cheese in a white roll. Don't go there to eat, but pleasant on a summers evening just to drink.

6  Thank Frugalkate73
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I would just like to thank everyone at the anchor for a fab evening out the food was great huge portions and home cooked, staff were friendly we did have to wait a little while butwe were informed before ordering so that was fine.. I would def visit and recommend the anchor again .

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I went here with a group of 8 people. The location is very pleasant, right by the River Severn with beautiful views from the pub or the garden. There is a traditional pub/restaurant atmosphere, and although it was fairly busy it wasn't overcrowded and we didn't have to wait long for our meal. The food was really good. Most of us had the Sunday roast (choice of beef, lamb, pork or chicken). I had the steak, kidney and Guiness pie, which was really filling and tasty. The portions were large, and the food was good quality. It was excellent value at £75 for 8 people (not counting drinks). A good time was had by all, and I'd definitely go again.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

You don't visit just for the food but for the views too. The pub is right on the River Severn so has lovely scenery, especially when the sun is going down.
Food is traditional pub grub and I would definately recommend visiting on a sunny afternoon. No doubt it will be busy inside and out but get a table booked and make the most of it.