“Great basic B&B base...”

Longford Lodge Guest House
Longford Lodge Guest House
Ranked #18 of 22 Gloucester B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I booked Longford Lodge with mild trepidation: It was very close to where I needed to be for a dance weekender, but I was a little concerned about "contractors and day sleepers welcome"... what was I letting myself in for? But I was, after all, only going to be sleeping there, and their prices were very reasonable... However, I needn't have worried!

Longford Lodge is a great basic B&B, immaculately clean, and well equipped. It is a basic establishment, but don't be put off: After all, if you're only using it as a base (as we were) then a clean bed, decent shower and a good nights sleep are all that matters and this establishment delivers that well. The rooms are of a decent size and the beds comfortable.

I made the mistake of locking my keys in the room one morning on my way out and a single friendly phone call resolved the matter easily and efficiently.

WiFi is provided and is a good signal.

The "self service" breakfast works well but I can imagine if the B&B is at it's busiest then it might be a bit of a fight for the toaster! The provision of a guest fridge is a great idea if you're going to be there for more than a few days.

Close by (just a couple of doors down) is "The Queen's Head", a gorgeous gastro-pub with a small but top-notch collection of real ales and wonderful food: One tip - book a table! The pub is massively popular and we were lucky to get in.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Doctor_When

Reviewed March 18, 2013

myself an two brothers stayed here for cheltenham festival ,no complaints ,clean rooms ,working facilites shower,heating etc ,great value for money .10mins from cheltenham town by taxi..........perfect!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Near city accommodation for 16 blokes going to the rugby that just wanted somewhere to sleep and not fussed about hotel services etc. Optional fried breakfast was a nice touch and very welcome both mornings. Facilities simple but clean and had everything we needed. The proprietors were friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome. A great option for a stag weekend or a large party going to Kingsholm.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BPH117
Reviewed January 19, 2012

A group of us managed to book in but only for two of the three nights we were planning to stay in Gloucester.
Price was alright though - compared to nearby hotel prices, and the rooms were acceptable.
The self service breakfast was a bit novel, but it sufficed. It was a bit of a walk into the town centre, but manageable. Not sure I would stay here again though as we found a much nicer guest house for our final two days.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2011

- No owners present
- Noisy and busy road in front
- You have to prepare your breakfast
- Not first quality food
- The B&B didn't smell to fresh
- Also used by contractors (different atmosphere)
- Noisy warm water supply for the whole B&B in our en suite
- We had no other options so we decided to leave as early as possible

Room Tip: - Get one of the back rooms (Noisy road)