“Great evening”
Review of Rose Tree Farm

Rose Tree Farm
Ranked #25 of 59 Quick Bites in Gloucester
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Called into the Rose Tree Farm this evening to catch up with some friends. We had a great evening, we were only going for drinks but decided to try out the menu - firstly we were spoilt for choice - great variety of meals ! We ended up having a mix of carvery meals, burgers and salads - the food was fantastic. The place had a great friendly, relaxed atmosphere and the staff treated us really well. We are DEFINITELY going back !!

1  Thank Bill3001
Write a reviewReviews (467)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in here after Gloucester marathon. £15 for two carveries and two drinks. 8 veg on offer with yorkshire puds, roast and mashed potatoes, good roasts - whats not to like. Staff were friendly and efficient despite it being very busy indeed

Date of visit: January 2020
Greene_K1ng, Owner at Rose Tree Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for leaving us a review, if there's anything we could have done to get five stars please let me know by emailing me at 1854@greeneking.co.uk

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I use to come here a lot, like once a week. You had a lovely young female manager brown hair, bubbly...sometimes she was out the front and sometimes she would be in the kitchen or on the carvery. She was the best thing that every happened to the place and one day she just vanished (she looked like she was getting drained over time so I’m assuming she’s left) now you’ve got some arrogant customer service lacking know it all. Which may I add that you don’t have a clue pal. When a customer complains stop getting hard faced, defensive and rude.

This lady was never like that, she took time out for the customers and was always smiling. Another man joined the team (another manager I presume, tall with brown hair, short beard) and them two together was incredible to watch. They had that place running smoothly whilst making it an enjoyable place to be. Until who I call (the wicked which) came out the office and would stand make her self a coffee and moan how much paperwork she had to do and she was tired.

I would like to know where the young lady and man have gone. I would also like to know who their manager was so I can find out why he/she would let two remarkable people leave a business that clearly needs them. This place has gone down hill since they left and they were just getting it right (you can’t turn the place around over night). They need to come back and get this place back to where they had it, it was a nice place to be and you were valued as a customer. They took time for you.

Now you’re treated like a timed prisoner...eat up and get out we need your table. Rude management with new staff that don’t have a clue. Long waits and constant complaints. You try to speak to Ed and get frowned at and argued with. It’s a horrible place and Greeneking should be reviewing this. You’ve messed up what was a good place and until I’m contacted saying these two are back I will not be returning. Simples. If you could let me know where they are working now I’d be more than happy to commute to see them as would all my friends and family.

Also to future visitors...I wouldn’t believe half the 5 star reviews on here...if you do you’ll be disappointed when you get there.

2  Thank Q5875TScarlr
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited again after hearing about having a new manager with better organisation ,
On this occasion there was a short queue of 6 but the chef was not there to slice meat as he was topping up gravy & parsnips, i cannot understand why someone else is not checking & topping up food, the meat was edible the roast potatoes,& sprouts were hard could eat one half only, the green beans & carrots were tasteless as left in water, cauli ok no creamy leeks as stated, good points was the mash & gravy , was asked if meal ok and thats what it was ok wont be bothering again

1  Thank IdaDabbit
Reviewed January 14, 2020

Tending to go for our carvery fix once a month now. This time round I went for a scout to check out the meat joints. For once the beef joint looked gristly so I opted for the turkey & gammon which was excellent. My colleagues did not follow my advice & confirmed the beef was unusually tough. The other problem is that my wife is a celiac & she has soup & gluten free bread for a starter as there is no gluten free dessert. Imagine her disappointment on finding there was no gluten free bread. I think this needs addressing.
Other that that the meal was good and great value.

1  Thank Mike S