“Terrible experience...”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Terrible experience...”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Me and my boyfriend dined here Saturday night...one word awful! First of all the waitresses stood around talking while my boyfriend tryed to make eye contact to let them know we were ready to order. when we eventually did order, they were unfriendly etc. The food came and what a disappointment. The girl came over with the starters and simply said "whos is this?", erm how are we supposed to know when your holding it above our heads?! your the waitress, not us! and when we said "what is it?", she just looked at the other girl confused. Also I asked for my thai green curry to be mild and no mushrooms...what did i get...mushrooms and the the most spicy curry ive ever experienced (baring in mind i've eaten thai currys in Thailand!!), my mouth was burning so much it was unpleasent. The decor was dated and the table was wobbling! Never asked us if we wanted more drinks, if our food was ok etc. NEVER RETURNING! We'll stick to Sukothai next time!

1 Thank Frances S

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“get together”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

oh my god where do you start ? dark,shabby but sat within 5 minutes another 5 to ask for drink order all well n good then 25 mins to recieve said drinks !! 2hrs in and only eaten starter and i was told they didnt have mine as the 3 others were served theres, did they not know two hrs ago they couldnt do it ? mains brought out soon after except had to ask for one as didnt arrive and drinks served very very slow all night ,were told staff shortage but seemed enough staff just no order to things lot of wandering BUT luckily we were in good company so switched off and enjoyed the basil fawlty evening AND by god was the food worth waiting for all thought amazing !!!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Food, but service was very slow!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went here on a Groupon, and food was excellent. I'm afraid the service wasn't though. Waited 10 mins before they took drinks orders, then another 15 mins before they took the order. Then another 20 mins for the starters, and when finished, a0 mins before they cleared them. Another 20 mins before the mains. When finished, took another 20 mins before they came with the bill. Apart from the service, the food was great, but took us over 2 hours for a 2 course meal. They need to improve on service to get regular business.

1 Thank Leeds99
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
“perhaps it was an off night”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

It started out as a promising evening, busy restaurant and quickly shown to our table but it went down hill from there....We waited for our order to be taken, we waited for our starters, we waited for our main course......... The starter was OK but nothing special. The main course came about 45 mins later, an hour and half after our booking time and we had to ask. My husbands main course and my noodles arrived together followed 5 mins later by my main course and my husbands rice. The food was simply not worth the wait and we left it on the table, and paid the bill at the bar. The staff did not comment on the part eaten food so I must assume it is not an unusual occurrence, despite the other reviews on this site.
They were clearly trying to manage more covers than was possible and kept saying to customers they were short of staff. However they kept showing walking in trade to tables ....why when they couldn't cope with the customers who were already seated or booked.

2 Thank JessJoe
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Great food - lacking atmosphere”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a restaurant I visit frequently and enjoy the gorgeous food - I would say when it comes to authentic Thai cuisine it's the best in Harrogate - even better than sukhothai .

However my grumbles are the restaurant is tired and could do with decorating, there seems to be a second half to the reataurant which looks beautiful but ever used ,the staff are friendly however last time I went I was using a taste card and they tryed to get away with giving us 1 portion of main course between 2 of us because we were using an offer.

Overall if you are looking for lovely authentic food go Thai elephant - if u want the atmosphere and surroundings go sukhothai , amazing Tom Yum nice and spicy !!! It's a must try!