“Excellent Meal”

The Orchid Restaurant at the Studley Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Orchid Restaurant at the Studley Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 441 Restaurants in Harrogate
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Harrogate
Description: The eponymous Orchid Restaurant, Harrogate at it's inception was one of the first pan Asian restaurants in the UK and is now well established in the North Yorkshire region and beyond.The menu at Orchid Restaurant draws heavily on the influences of true oriental flavours in a modern style. Created by Bokmun Chan, this special setting has been recaptured not only through the menu, but also it's mango and dark wood interiors, separated by Japanese lattice style screens. The brigade is managed under the watch of Kenneth Poon, former Michelin Head Chef of the Dorchester Hotel.The Orchid opened in Harrogate in May, 2001 and has since won many awards and accolades for it's cuisine, presently holding 2 rosettes.The Orchid has become synonymous with excellent quaity pan-Asian cuisine and professional service for many years. Why wait, come and enjoy the experience...
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

First class Thai food,very tasty,excellent service,very friendly staff.Highly recommend if you love Thai food.

Visited May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sandhurst
“Superb”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We are still talking about the wonderful food we had at this restaurant. I had gone on Trip Advisor before our visit to Harrogate to find a good restaurant. The reviews were very good and so we booked a week before our visit. I have found out since that we were lucky to get a table at such short notice as it can get booked weeks in advance. We had fabulous food, there was a great atmosphere and the staff were very attentive. It cost a bit more than we usually pay but we didn't mind as it was certainly worth it. My sizzling beef just melted in my mouth, and the lamb pancakes I had to start with we're truly delicious. I can thoughrally recommend this restaurant and we shall return when we visit Harrogate again.

Durham, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal and great staff”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We went to Harrogate for the first time for my birthday, we stayed at the Old Swan hotel so I looked for a restaurant which was close by, when we arrived we were greeted by a lovely lady who showed us to our table for two, although the table was in a nice place it was very close to the table next to us and I did feel a little uncomfortable but the staff were lovely and we got our drinks straight away. We both ordered the scallops for starter they were ok but a little gritty, but the meal was fabulous, it was one of the best meals I have ever had, we both enjoyed it very much, then chocolate spring rolls and ice cream for afters were both different and delish!
The bill was a little high but we did have wine and vodka so we did expect it, overall it was a great night and I was so pleased I had given it a try for my birthday, we are returning to harrogate in november again and I plan on returning to the orchid and look forward to it.

• Visited May 2014
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“cold food and overpriced all fur coat and no knickers”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Arrived for dinner
Service was average seated and handed menus
3 very small starters
3 cokes
2 small mains
1 large main
1 very very small rice
1 noodles
2 dreadful desserts
£107.00
Which would have been ok if the food was exceptional
3 choc spring rolls for dessert the size of a canape
Sent main back as it was cold
waited for it to come back whilst rice and noodles went cold as left on the table
whats the point of taking the main away and leaving you with the accompaniments to go cold until your main arrives
So cold rice and noodles
what a total let down
Nearly fell over at the bill £107.00 for two people for a average meal
Should have gone to the Yorke arms for a michelin star meal instead

2 Thank penny w
bmc1, Manager at The Orchid Restaurant at the Studley Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Penny W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences of Orchid restaurant on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to have read that you were disappointed with your meal here with us and I assure you that we take all feedback of this nature seriously.

Due to the sharing nature of our dishes, all guests are offered guidance regarding food quantities and balance of flavours. However on this occasion, it seems that the choices were not well balanced. In regards to the quantities and bill amount, we recall three guests dined that evening.

When the main courses were returned, a manager should have made themselves available to talk to you personally. I apologise that we missed the opportunity to manage this situation better on the evening in question and am grateful to you for bringing it to my attention.

I do hope that you will choose to dine with us at Orchid restaurant again in the future and I would welcome you to contact me personally if and when you do.

Kind regards,
Dan Larwood
Ilkley
“Beautiful tasting food”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We adore this restaurant. The food is beautiful, the meat melts in your mouth, the flavour of the sauces are so delicious and tasty, the prawns are cooked just right. The staff are all brilliant and very attentive (sometimes a little bit too much so if you like a gap after your starters just let them know). The wines are great. I probably wouldn't recommend taking children as I think it's a place for couples and friends. It's a little bit pricey but worth every penny.

This restaurant is definitely one of our top places to eat in the world for taste alone!