“Always good food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Staff are always friendly and the food is some of the best Chinese I've tasted. Well worth a vist

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Whilst I haven't been myself, my parents, who were with me on the occasion when I wrote my last 'glowing' review, have been in the last few weeks. They were very very disappointed in the standard of the food compared to last time - massive shame as this restuarant has been one of our family favourites for nearly 15 years but we are now unlikely to visit as a family again. We are led to believe that the ownership has recently changed - the chef certainly seems to have. So anyone expecting a return visit to be as good as it was previously - beware - you may be disappointed too.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Nice friendly staff, We were offered a set meal for £10 each so we went for that it was late and I was starving! great value, Mixed starter then 4 dishes and fried rice.. too much food didnt finish it all off, 3 dishes would of been fine. Green tea was great large pot but the beer was a little expensive £3.50 for a small bottle.
The place is a bit dated but food was good.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We have visited the Horoscope a couple of times and have always enjoyed an excellent meal there. The staff are always very friendly and accommodating. Recommended.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We visited this long established Chinese Restaurant last night with friends.It has been a reliable favourite for many years but we hadn't been for a long time. We enjoyed the Banquet for 4 at £23.00 per person with a good selection of starters including spare ribs prawn toast chicken satay and seaweed. the middle course was Peking Duck and there were six main courses with rice and noodles. All the dishes were excellent and we all felt very replete!! The service was efficient and the staff courteous and helpful. If you are in Harrogate and fancy a chinese meal this is a reliable bet.