“Harrogate”

Ranked #64 of 100 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Chester, United Kingdom
“Harrogate”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from Harrogate and stayed at the Belmonte
It was clean and comfy, the bed was great .
I chose this B and B as it stated a car park, it was a tiny space behind the house, I had to block everyone in and I kept waiting to be told I would have to move the car .
The stay was fine but we won't return

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Jenny P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Belmont is a little gem,I have just returned after 3 days with my two friends and what a wonderful welcome we received.The guest house is spotlessly clean and the breakfast was first class.Jo and Mike were great hosts and nothing was too much trouble.We hope to return and I have no qualms recommending the Belmont and well done to you both for helping to make our stay so memorable.Gill Dowie

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gilldowie
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We messed up our online reservation and arrived 9:45PM on a Saturday evening to find the owners away on holiday. This was entirely our fault not theirs. (Sorry - my wife has reminded me that this was MY fault). The owners' son opened the door a little surprised to see guests. Despite that he made us welcome, showed us to a very nice room and the next morning prepared a fantastic breakfast. We had a lovely stay. This guest house is perfectly located for a visit to the town, being only a few minutes walk from the shops and restaurants. If Mum's breakfast is as good as her sons, I can highly recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Decentbloke
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My partner and I have just checked out of this guest house after a one night stay. I have to say that the owners were absolutely wonderful, so friendly and helpful. The guest house is in a great central location. The rooms are more than adequate with everything you would expect to see in a hotel room. We would stay here again

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank StillFindingNemo
Stranraer, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is how all guest houses should be run. Mike and Jo, owners of The Belmont, were the perfect hosts, friendly, attentive but not to the point of being 'in your face'. We were given excellent treatment when booking by phone and perfect directions too. The Belmont is one of those old stone built houses that ooze character. Our room was perfect, although I was a little concerned that being at the front of the building would be noisy from passing traffic. I need not have worried as once the heavy curtains were drawn the noise was minimal. I live in a very quiet village but had no trouble sleeping. The bed, as was the room, was most comfortable, the en-suite was also spot on. Breakfast was served until a respectable nine o'clock and was was very tasty especially the locally sourced sausages. Wi-fi available too at no extra cost.
The Belmont is perfectly situated too, five mins from the town centre on foot but also only five mins in the car to the outskirts of the town, perfect for exploring the local countryside.
In conclusion, The Belmont is an ideal place to explore Harrogate and the surrounding Yokshire countyside from and offers first class B&B accomodation with the perfect hosts.
I can recommend The Belmont with confidence, in fact I have already done so with friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ian M
Glasgow
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Mike & Jojan, at the Belmont on Kings Road, Harrogate, are the perfect hosts.
We stayed overnight (Sept 19th 2013) and had a great stay.
The venue is cosy & traditional in decor and furnishings - and very comfortable.
The room was very clean, warm and spacious. The bedding was whiter than white, and spotless. We both slept very soundly !
Breakfast was relaxed and very tasty- nothing was too much trouble for our hosts.
We will definately be returning for another stay in the near future, as not only were Mike & Jo very friendly & helpful - I think we may have made some new friends !
Good luck to them both :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed for one night in a family room, on arrival the hosts were very welcoming and helpful. Our room was very clean and comfortable, the bathroom was spotless also. The facilities were very good. The breakfast was perfect, with a great selection! Nothing was a bother, We would most definitely return! Thank you for a wonderful stay :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family