“Micadrine”

Belmont Guest House
Ranked #65 of 97 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Having received a gift voucher for an overnight stay, we chose Harrogate for being fairly close to our home town. We chose well. On our arrival we received a warm welcome and were shown to the car park at the rear of the house. Our room was comfortable and the bed extremely so. The house itself was very clean and the breakfast was superb with plenty of choice and offers of extra warm toast. The hosts were very friendly and extremely helpful, providing us with maps and brochures of the area and recommending several places to eat with directions to get there.
We did not need to go far - there are plenty of eating places withing easy walking distance, and a good variety of cuisine and prices.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Belmont Guest House

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

we only stayed the one night as we were passing through and booked at the last minute but we fell lucky.we had a lovely and comfortable spacious family room and a good choice at breakfast.a good value for money b&b ran by very friendly hosts just a shame our stay was short.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 17, 2013

. The rooms are comfortable and well laid out and even have fresh flowers in them. It's is very well situated for both the town but especially the conference centre. I've stayed in Harrogate on many occasions and found the quality at best poor so this little B&B revived my confidence in the area. The owner is polite, professional and welcoming. This hotel caters for both business and tourists and is suitable for vegetarians.

Room Tip: Single room does appear to be on the small side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I travel frequently and as a consultant I tend to stick to B and B or guest houses to keep my cost centre as low as possible, and have had a real mixed bag of stays in the last few months.

Belmont was positioned perfectly for my work, within easy walking distance of bars and restaurants and served my needs perfectly.

I found the interior warm and inviting with many interesting objet d'art and pictures. Not to everyone's taste perhaps, but suits me nicely.

My hosts were friendly and attentive and it was an extra bonus to have caffetiere coffee instead of instant.

Breakfast was, at my request, scrambled eggs on toast. Eggs were great and not overdone.

All in all very pleased and will definately return if holidaying or working in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This homely guest house provides everything you would expect and more. The owners are charming and nothing is too much trouble. Jo's breakfast is fab and the gluten free options put many of Harrogate's expensive tea rooms and swanky hotels to shame.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The previous review sounds nothing like the Belmont that my wife and I found during a recent two night stay to attend the Harrogate Spring Flower Show. We found the hosts, Mike & Jo, to be a charming couple, very attentive and caring....to the extent that Mike even helped me to change my car wheel after getting a flat tyre. That really is service way beyond the normal call of duty! I can't comment on any other rooms, but ok - our room, a twin on the top floor, could certainly do with some redecoration (which I'm sure Mike & Jo are aware of anyhow) and as others have said, waiting for hot water to arrive through the bathroom taps does require an element of patience - but other than those two remarks we were very happy with our stay and would certainly book again. The entire building appeared to us to be very clean with perfect furnishings to suit the style of house, the beds were comfortable, the room was quiet and breakfast in the bright dining room was first class. Well done you two - and thanks for your hospitality.

Room Tip: My 'average' marking for Rooms is based solely on the top floor twin that we occupied (No.7...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
MikeHarrogate, Owner at Belmont Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and supporting us.
I fully appreciate your comment regarding the rooms but certain issues need to be pointed out clearly to everyone.
Hotel inspectors recommended wallpapering every room which we began. However, the numerous bags and suitcases brought in and out of the room on a regular basis resulted in the need to redecorate in only a few weeks time.
As a result, we have opted to return to the dated, but practical and durable woodchip - not everyone's favourite (certainly not for anyone's own private room(s) - but idea for a room which gets a great deal of use on a regular basis.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Had a wonderful 2 night stay at this beautiful B&B. The hosts Mike and Jo are very kind and helpful. Food was perfect . Very central location when you don't have a car.
Beautiful decorated rooms, like a home from home.
Thanks heaps, definitely will return.
Inge Crosson from Sydney