“Best steak in town”

Ranked #78 of 392 Restaurants in Harrogate
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

What's not to like? the atmosphere is always great, the food mouth watering and the staff attentive.

1  Thank lizzieg88

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I treated my boyfriend to a Cattlemens the weekend before valentines (it was his first time there) and we were seen to very quickly to say we hadn't booked a table on the weekend, and the staff were really friendly making sure that we had drinks while we waited. We sat and ordered the ribs, which are by far my favourite and £14 a dish! but SO worth it. They arrived within 15 minutes, and the presentation was gorgeous! ribs, salad and fries with a side order of onion rings, so nice we ate it all. I even had pudding! they have quite a large menu, but i also go for cheesecake as they are daily specials, it was Cookie Dough Cheesecake and all I can say is WOW I nearly ordered a second one! My boyfriend had the chocolate fudge cake and by the time i looked up he'd eaten it all so i think he liked it! Safe to say they haven't let me down yet, the food is just gorgeous, the service lovely and the atmosphere so relaxed. Another thing is that they don't automatically add the tip on and they allow you to choose how much you give them when you pay (5%, 10%), thats a nice touch as i've been to many and they added it already which i think is very rude. Overall for two of us we paid £50 including gratuity charge, but worth every penny.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was the first time that we have been to the Cattlemen's in a number of years, but it was long overdue. It specialises in steak and does so brilliantly. My wife and I both had the T bone which was a beautiful piece of steak cooked to perfection. Despite the restaurant being busy the service was excellent and the staff friendly. We would certainly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a tasty steak in a relaxed friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Went with partner for some lunch, the chicken burrito was lovely and chips with his burger where very tasty too. Was quiet in day but seemed like could be a great atmosphere in evening or at weekend. Give it a try.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We ate from the set menu and the 'Tex-Mex' food was very tasty, well presented. Service was quick even though the restaurant was very busy with early diners.