“Superb all round”
Review of Bed Restaurant - CLOSED

Bed Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: BED... Run and owned by a bike nut... Loves talking bikes and all things bike related and is as giddy as a kipper at the impending arrival of the 2014 Tour de France...Cant wait to meet you all :-) BED - which stands for Burnsey Eat Drink - is a superb and super-friendly restaurant on the Kings Road in Harrogate. Spread over three floors in a beautiful Georgian manor, BED has a bar on the ground floor and two separate dining rooms decorated in kooky colours. The cosy, unpretentious vibe and quirky sense of humour woven into the d��cor and the menu at BED makes this restaurant feel like a home away from home. All food is cooked fresh to order, and the restaurant boasts a selection of over 40 wines and Champagnes. We love the burgers; the lime seared scallops; and the lamb marinated in honey and mint served on a bed of crushed new potatoes.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Visited Harrogate with my husband for our first wedding anniversary. As we have never been before I looked on trip advisor for the best places to eat and this place had brilliant reviews. I phoned up Saturday night and managed to get a reservation that same night, staff (matt) was very helpful and friendly and got us a table- we were running slightly late which I informed them and this was not a problem to them one bit. On arrival we were greeted to very friendly staff and we were seated downstairs whilst we ordered our drinks and food, the decor is quirky yet has an intimate feel. We were then taken to our table upstairs which was perfect. The restaurant is romantic, intimate and it's not filled to the brim with tables. We ordered skins to share, these were very nice and came with two dips. I had the lamb enri which was fabulous and cooked beautifully and my husband had the fish curry which was nice, only thing he would say is he felt the fish was a bit overcooked but still lovely. We managed to squeeze a desert in and that didn't disappoint either.

You get a little treat with your bill, I won't say what it is but it made my day!!
We had a wonderful meal here this place fully deserves the awesome reviews its gained!

Don't think about it just go!!

P.s if you get a chance check out the toilets.... Very quirky :)

There are newer reviews for Bed Restaurant

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Really tasty, excellent food and the service is welcoming and very slick. The atmosphere is very nice and the seating is lovely. The staff are very efficient and nice and Dave (the owner) is lovely.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Wow b.e.d is perfect for every occasion. Tonight was our night out for our 2 years together. Dave and his team are perfect and work well together the food is outstanding and the service spot on. This is the only place I go to celebrate special times off my life

1  Thank kateharrogate07
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We visited Harrogate on the May Day Bank Holiday weekend. Predictably Betty's was oversubscribed so I choose to seek out BED having read several positive reviews on Trip Advisor. The restaurant is close the International Centre so it's not close the high street but it's worth seeking out this hidden gem (thanks to Trip Advisor for the tip).

The menu and the service you will receive are very witty and fun, but the food is seriously amazing. I had the Fish Curry which was one of the best curries I've ever eaten. I'd choose it again but there are so many other things on the menu I'd want to try first. My partner enjoyed a very nice salad. The puddings that followed just as good. This was all topped off with a Curly Wurly with the bills (much better than an after dinner mint).

We will definitely visit again on our next trip to Harrogate!

1  Thank vicandant_14
Reviewed June 24, 2013

It was the website that drew us in - doesn't take itself seriously and obviously appealed to the born-and-bred yorkshire lass in me. I booked it for a friend's 50th birthday pre-celebration in the hope that it would live up to my expectations....after all, no-one wants to be remembered as the friend who chose a rubbish place! Expectations well and truly exceeded the minute walked in - although Mary is still smarting from the 'Christa Ackroyd resemblance'! Drinks brought in quick time and food order taken from the comfort of the settee. Table was decorated with confetti and a helium balloon which produced the usual 'aaww's from all eight of us. Food was delicious and we were all served together, no awkward waiting for the last meal to come out. The food was DELICIOUS - we had a wide variety between the eight of us and not one of us had any complaint....even our fussiest one cleared her plate, which is a historical event in itself! Service was provided with a smile and a laugh and nothing was too much trouble. We sang along to the fab background music (without being told off). From our first e-mail to the last e-mail this morning thanking us for our 'thank you' card, it has been an absolute delight......seriously, the most fun we've had in bed for a long time :)