“Fantastic value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Murray House

Murray House
Ranked #35 of 100 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Fantastic value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stayed at the Murray House on the first weekend in March 2012. A lovely hotel. Tracy called me the day before checking in.. to double check our arrival time and make sure we knew to use the hotel address as satnavs didnt always recognise the postcode. We stayed in Room 3- Kindsize Superior at the front of the house. The room was lovely, immaculately clean and comfortable. We didnt experience any noise despite being at the front. The choice of breakfast was great, with a buffet bar for cerealand /fruits as well as a hot breakfast menu. The hotel is a very short walk away from shops and nightlife in Harrogate, and parking permits were provided in the room price.
All in all we wanted a relaxing weekend away and thats exactly what we got. Would highly recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

We stayed at the Murray in early December last year on a girly trip and are returning same time this year! Could not fault any aspect of our stay so relaxing, cosy and nothing was too much trouble for Tracy and co. we had a girly night in with a picnic and bubbles and Tracy's lovely son brought us glasses,plates etc the breakfast was perfect anything we wanted was provided. Can't wait to be back!

• Stayed December 2010
Cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

I rang the Murray House to ask about the availability of a room for the following weekend and spoke to a lady, presumably the owner, who told me that they were booked up. She then said that a company had booked a number of rooms but might not need one of them which was the type of room we wanted. As this was late evening she said that she would ring them the following day to check if they still needed the room then ring me to let me know if it was available. I waited for her call the next day but it didn't come. We then changed our minds about the date and so I e-mailed using the form on the website asking if they had a room available on the alternative date we had chosen. It's now two days later and I haven't received the courtesy of a reply. Needless to say I am now looking for another hotel. Naturally I can't comment on what the Murray House is like and any further comment on the customer service is superfluous. I couldn't post this review without giving an overall rating but as I haven't visited the Murray House i can't really give an opinion so the rating is based on my limited experience.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
TraceyHarrogate, Owner at Murray House, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
I do recall the telephone call which yes I would agree was late. The following morning I rang the group organiser for the large booking we had for the same dates required & established that we coud infact accommodate the person who enquired the previous night. Unfortunatley I must have taken the number down wrong, as when I went to ring the person back the next day the line was dead, I was hoping that they would ring back. I do usually repeat the number back but as it was so late I didn't so I apologise for my error.
With regards to the email that was sent two days ago asking for accommodation, I have checked & I have responded to everyone we have received an emai from. However just incase we have a problem with our messages coming from our website I have contacted the company that maintains this to ensure everything is working as it should.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

Clean, welcoming accommodation in the heart of Harrogate. Staff were exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable about the local area. On street parking available. Room was very comfortable and quiet. Good food and a great overall price. We would return again and again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

Stayed for a weekend break. Handy location for town centre - few minutes walk. Friendly greeting. Shown to room at front of house (no noise heard on our visit). Spotlessly clean and very comfortable. One of the best cooked breakfasts ever had whether in a simple b and b or 4 star hotel. Even provided "HP Fruity" on the second morning after a casual request the day before. Excellent value and a friendly ambience.

Thanks for making our stay in a beautiful town so comfortable.

PS. If you like good live music (not X Factor!) visit the Blues Bar just around the corner from Betty's.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bob187069
Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Having a job which required me to stay in Harrogate a few nights a week for 6 months, I was very much in need of somewhere good to rely upon. Murray House came recommended by a colleague, and it was everything I needed and more.

All of the rooms are clean, light and well-supplied (tea/coffee etc. and chocolate biscuits - very much appreciated after a long day at work!), the en-suites have nice hot powershowers, there is on-street parking (they give you a permit) and the location is easy walking distance for the town centre (takes about 5 minutes to most places).

The breakfast was great (the bacon, cheese and mushroom omelette was my favourite). They have a good selection (cereals/fruit etc. or cooked) and serve Betty's tea and coffee (to my shame I got into a habit of having an entire pot-full every morning).

However, the best thing about Murray House is definitely Tracey and Neil's wonderful hospitality. They are extraordinarily accommodating (as well as being geuinely lovely) and did so much to make sure I had a good stay; I can truthfully say that I didn't have a bad night there for the whole 6 months.

Room Tip: Room 4 was my favourite - the bed is absolutely enormous! Room 11 has a very hot, powerful shower a...