We went for a meal at the Pine Marten on Monday 18th March 2013 . The party consisted of 3 adults and one child. It was approximately 1.45 and we ordered drinks in the bar. My husband asked one of the waitresses if she would kindly take the drinks into the restaurant as we were encumbent with bags/coats etc. She did so and in the restaurant there was one another table of four besides ourselves.We waited for twenty minutes for a menu and meanwhile the other party had been served. I went tup to the bar to request a menu. It was another 15 minutes before the first course came. There were two waitresses at the bar chatting and the other party had received their bill and departed but I had to physically get up out of my seat and request a dessert menu. When finished,we requested the bill and the waitress was there before my husband could get his wallet out of his pocket!
We asked to speak to the under manager as we wished to complain as this was the second time I had been a victim of the poor service at this establishment. The manager was pompous,arrogant and extremely rude. He said it ws not in their brief to carry drinks for customers from the bar into a restaurant although the waitress had said nothing at the time. He also said they were not a restaurant, although they apparently serve food and were quite happy to take our money! The food was excellent however and with improved front of house service, would be an excellent venue
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether exploring the Yorkshire Dales or visiting Harrogate Conference Centre, where better to stay than at an historic hotel in Harrogate?Tucked just outside town in Beckwith Knowle, this characterful lodge is a listed building that puts you right at the heart of some of England's most beautiful countryside. If you book a room here you can enjoy one of the best food-pubs in the area. Expect fresh, seasonal cooking and wood-fired pizzas complemented by a great wine list.Enjoy the blooms and greenery of RHS Harlow Carr Gardens, tuck into the legendary afternoon teas at Betty's or simply admire the sweeping hills of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Harrogate is also great for shoppers and art lovers, with a bustling town centre and a range of intriguing exhibitions at the Mercer Art Gallery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate-West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pine Marten (Innkeeper`s Lodge) Hotel Harrogate
- Pine Marten Innkeepers Harrogate
- Innkeeper's Lodge Harrogate-West Yorkshire