I normally only stay in hotels, both for business and for pleasure but with accommodation hard to find in Harrogate at peak times; we booked in for four days at The Fountains Guest House.
We couldn't have been more surprised or pleased with our decision.
Everything you'd hope for in a top class hotel but on a small and more personal scale. Lyndsay and her small staff take care of every need. Nothing is too much trouble.
Breakfast, served at a time to suit (we were at the flower show and needed an early start) is very handy. Free wifi in the bedrooms is something Premier Inns would do well to emulate.
Parking can be a bit of a chore at busy times (especially with our Sprinter van) but free permits are available for on-road parking and there is also a small car park at the rear of the GH.
We had no hesitation in booking for the Harrogate Autumn show in September. As someone else commented . . a real little gem of a find.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fountains Guesthouse in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, is an elegant Victorian building dating back to 1891. At the end of an imposing terrace situated on the King’s Road, tastefully and smartly restored and retaining many of its original features, The Fountains is a 10 bedroom all en-suite family run business which is be a great place to stay for both holidaymakers and business trips.We are situated just two minutes walk from the Harrogate International Centre and five minutes from the many bars, bistros and boutique shops of the famous Harrogate town centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Fountains Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fountains Hotel Harrogate
- The Fountains Guesthouse Harrogate, Yorkshire