“An Excellent Hotel. I hope I find time for another stay there.”

The Fountains Guesthouse
Ranked #13 of 99 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“An Excellent Hotel. I hope I find time for another stay there.”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This hotel is EXCELLENT I stayed in Room1 which is a small room but does not lack anything. Comfortable bed and very good en-suite facilities. With Tea/Coffee making available in the room. The Breakfast is exceptional. A very good selection of Cereals Fresh Fruit Salad, Preserves, Orange Juice and a delicious cooked breakfast choice.In MY opinion,if you intend to stay in Harrogate make this Hotel your first choice!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank james_freebury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2011

3rd visit - new owners 6 weeks ago. Rooms still clean and comfortable and well equipped. Breakfast very good. Welcoming and helpful attitude. Supplied skimmed milk in room when my wife said she didn't like the cartons. Did an internet search for a particular garden centre for us because we had left details at home. Redecorating rooms. Within easy walking distance of centre of Harrogate for us pensioners and has own car park.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pensionercouple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Fountains for one night while visiting the area, with our 2 year old son. We were warmly welcomed by Jon & Lyndsay, owners for just a month - but the place had such a friendly atmosphere you would think they'd been there for years. Our luggage was taken to our room (a nice touch I always think), which was light, bright, immaculately clean (a must!!) and more importantly with a toddler ... spacious. The owners couldn't do enough for us, extremely relaxed but you get the impression that they are wholly dedicated to people pleasing. They recommended a fantastic Thai restaurant just 5 minutes walk away, and also suggested the Valley Gardens park to entertain our son (just 10 minutes walk and he loved it, great outdoor play area if you get good weather). It is ideally placed for the centre of Harrogate, away from the hustle and bustle but near enough to be able to do it all by foot. The breakfast boasts award winning sausages and free range eggs, it is refreshing to see high quality at a reasonable price!! We will definitely be back, The Fountains feels like a home from home.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Lancashire
Reviewed May 22, 2011

My husband and I chose the Fountains Hotel because of the consistent above average ratings/reviews - and we weren't disappointed. The room was spotlessly clean and it had mugs not cups for the tea and coffee facilities which is great! We were staying there for our silver wedding anniversary and my sister telephoned the hotel to arrange for champagne to be sent to our room which was a lovely suprise and my sister said that they couldn't have been more obliging to her request. The breakfast was superb so much so that we didn't need any dinner just a mid afternoon tea and scone to put us on until we went out later in the evening. The hotel has been taken over recently by a young couple (the previous owners son and wife I believe) and they were extremely pleasant and accommodating and both my husband and I wish them all the very best in their new venture.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Excellent, very friendly service - could scarcely believe that I was there barely one week after they had taken over the hotel at the beginning of May. The hotel was very comfortable and convenient for the Conference Centre. Also followed host's advice to eat down the road at Brio (Italian) - a very good choice , especially if you go for the 'early doors' offer.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Stayed just one nigtht for a brief vist to the area for a wedding. Its a comfortable place with traditional furniture and nice high ceilings. Breakfast was tasty and was on the table quickly. Highly recommended for the price.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2011

From the moment you arrive your made to feel welcome, by David the owner, and that nothing is too much trouble. The room had everything i needed for a quick overnight stay for a wedding (on-suite, TV, kettle, hair dryer etc), and was a bargain given the service and the location (two minutes walk to the conference centre and five to town, with ample parking behind the hotel). After a pleasant and quiet nights sleep, the breakfast was excellent, very tasty, and as much or as little as you wanted. I would though have liked to have seen it encorporate a local sausage rather than something cheaper/reheated (but at this price i should be grateful!). I would therefore have not hesitatation in returning or recommending this hotel to you. I have often payed double this price for nothing like the service i recieved, which made my trip all the more enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo