“absolutely fantastic and we would love to come back” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Applewood House

Applewood House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harrogate
Applewood House
Ranked #83 of 104 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Warwick, United Kingdom
“absolutely fantastic and we would love to come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

Excellent facilities in room, fantasic breakfast and great hospitality from our hosts... agreat find

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

This was our second stay at Applewood House. We had a large twin bedded room that contained everything we needed. We had a super welcome. Breakfast on both days was wonderful with lots of choice.I enjoyed the mixed fruits followed by scrambled egg and smoked salmon. All the guests dine at a large table and we enjoyed the multi-national mix when we were there. We hope to stay there again when we visit our family in Harrogate.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

It seemed the owner was a Mrs Carolyn Bourne`s twin. Though I was not going to be her daughter-in-law.
So if you would like to get a free etiquette lesson by all means, you are very welcome to come.
As we had an early breakfast and the big shared dining table was empty I was given the opportunity to choose any seat I liked, however was immediately shown a specific place, without any intention of giving me a right to approve of this.
I am really sorry the owner had to repeat the menu twice, as my friend was late for breakfast and came down 3,5 minutes later. My sincere apologies.
As we timidly asked if there was any chance we could have porridge, the owner flatly said that the porridge was not included in the menu and seemed very reluctant to serve it to us, so we withdrew, thinking it better not to stress or cause any inconvenience to the owner.
We received five remarks about our manners in the 15 minute breakfast. The most embarrassing thing I had done, was to use a tea spoon to consume my yogurt instead of a desert one.
Deciding what response would be the best, either leaving the table or raised eyebrows, I finally made my decision in making a compliment to the homemade original recipe of stewed fruits, which were very delicious.
Overall I appreciated such an indispensable experience and will take some guidance in good manners from experts with utmost haste.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Anna A
Biggles023, Owner at Applewood House, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
We are sorry that these guests were not comfortable with the breakfast arrangement - most people enjoy the standard we offer including the extras - linen napkins, silver cutlery, attractive crockery, genial conversation - and if people have stayed the previous day we put them back in the the same position on the table, which is why they were probably asked to sit where they were.
It is necessary to say that we did have an issue with these guests in that the male guest smoked in the en-suite bathroom, which we obviously could not accept .
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed at Applewood House for two nights in August 2011, to attend a wedding at nearby Rudding Park. It is a wonderful place to stay. The owners are extremely welcoming and helpful and our room was spacious, comfortable and spotless. The breakfast was absolutely delicious and of very high quality. It is also a great location, just a short stroll into town. We would love to return!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband and I had looked on Trip Advisor for places to stay in Harrogate for our anniversary and after reading the exceptional reviews about Applewood House decided we would book. We were not disappointed at all. It was excellent in every single aspect. We were greeted warmly by Barry who was so chatty and we instantly felt welcome. The room was gorgeous (we stayed in Braeburn) very homely, clean and well furnished. As it was a special occasion I had packed some champagne for when we were getting ready, I had also packed our own glasses but no need as wine glasses were in the room which was lovely. Within 5 minutes Barry was at our door with a mini flask of fresh milk (an extra that made a real difference....UHT milk doesn't really cut it when you've got a hangover!!!) We were within walking distance of the town centre, which was a lovely walk taking in some nice properties. Breakfast was DELICIOUS! everything cooked fresh and good 'Yorkshire' portions too. All guests sat round a large dining table so meeting interesting people was a bonus whilst sat eating yummy food. I have and will recommended Applewood House to anyone who wanted to stay in Harrogate. Loved it!

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Bridgwater, Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Applewood House every March and September for the last six years and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Harrogate. Barry and Lesley are amazing hosts and nothing is too much trouble.The excellent food is freshly prepared and beautifully presented, the rooms are clean, comfortable and have everything you need for an enjoyable stay. ...our home from home. Really looking forward to another visit in a few weeks time.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank carolinedurleigh
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband and I spent the most comfortable nights of our two-week trip at Applewood House. It was superior to any hotel. Our room was very spacious and well-appointed, and the bathroom was impeccably clean and modern. The breakfasts were the best we had anywhere, with everything homemade. The owners provided exceptional service to my husband, who had a work emergency while we were there, providing him with their phone to make and receive calls. I can't recommend this B&B highly enough.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple