“Sunday night stay with food and drinks”
Review of White Hart Hotel

White Hart Hotel
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed for one night in a twin room, I had a lovely refurbished room which was very clean and functional. The hotel throughout is well maintained and has a shabby chic theme, the furnishings and decor are beautiful and all of the staff are pleasant and well turned out.
Reception were efficient and helpful, The Fat Badger bar is a lovely place to spend time and the service was good.
I had the fish and chips and there was plenty of it as well as being cooked well.
Breakfast was good, the added bonus of order and plate service was a refreshing change, my only gripe would be that it wasn't quite hot enough.
The next door room could do with a new bed as you could hear it squeaking when people moved!
Overall a great location, good staff, pleasant surroundings and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsSCountyDurham
There are newer reviews for White Hart Hotel

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We booked a room for a 2 nt stay as we were getting married at Harrogate Registry office and didn't know the area. We telephoned the hotel asking about booking a table for dinner with our wedding guests and have to say receptionist was most helpful. As it was our wedding we were able to eat in Brasserie but from Fat Badger menu as restaurant menu wasnt available late afternoon.
On check in Charlene was most attentive and helpful.
Our room was freshly decorated and comfortable, however we found the single glazing to be inadequate and walls were thin that we heard conversations from room next door.
I have to say that the staff were excellent and food was fantastic. All our guests commented on how good the food was.

We will hopefully be back in the future and again would thank Charlene and Sam for making us feel special whilst celebrating our wedding.
Dean and Pam Randall

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pam O
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had an initial problem after booking via Late Rooms the receptionist manageress of the hotel phoned me asking me for my card details. I queried this and she said there was a problem with Late Rooms providing the details. I declined to give my details over the phone and she said I would have to go onto a normal booking in that case and it would be more expensive. I advised her it would be more professional to liaise with Late Rooms for my details and not to cold call customers who had followed the correct protocol. However, to cut along story short I refused to give her details and I refused to accept a higher rate, I told her to speak to the hotel manager. Needless to say I did not hear from them again and my room was booked at the rate I arranged through Late Rooms.
On arrival the staff were friendly and the location is central. The room was furnished to a good standard and it was very clean. The breakfast is good and cooked items need to be ordered via the waiter service at the table.
Other than my initial contact I had no complaints about the quality or service provided. The cost was decent value for the service and amenities.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Theredsofanfield
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on the 17th of April as we were going to a wedding at Ripley Castle. It was a fast check in. Gorgeous hotel, very modern and chic. The room was very clean and spacious. Bathroom as massive! Nice country feel to the room. Unfortunately we had no view as there a wall blocking our view which was rather disappointing? So couldn't see anything. We didn't have time to complain as we were off straight to the wedding. The only other thing is you have to pay £6 for parking but they did allow us to leave it there whilst we went shopping the next say before we left.
Overall nice place, friendly staff beautiful hotel.
Will stay again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed for just one night. Staff very friendly and the bar (The Fat Badger) was warm and inviting with great bar staff and a lovely atmosphere. Breakfast was first class, there as lots of choice ad the cooked breakfast could not be faulted. It was hot, fresh and cooked to perfection. The room we stayed in was adequate, however; did not quite live up the standard of the rest of the hotel. Music coming from the wedding reception held in the hotel kept us up until early hours in the morning. We were situated o the third floor by the main doors to the stairs, and guests were quite noisy when opening the doors - lots of banging. Unfortunately I had to speak to the receptionist tas I was bitten thoughout the night (and it wasn't by my hsband!) I made the comment to the reptionist that they need to hoover the mattress as I had many bites on my leg and she just made the comment "I will get somebody to have a look" Overall it was in a great location and in the right room you will be fine.

Room Tip: Avoid room 316
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed her in March. We had a lovely room, the staff were very friendly and informative. We had dinner in the restaurant which was just excellent. Great breakfast of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. In walking distance of the shops so what more could you ask for. Would definitely return again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My partner and myself used the hotel yesterday, really enjoyed. Staff Lovely, and service was good. Could not complain. Breakfast nwas nice and enjoyable no waiting around at all.. Would definitely book again

Room Tip: Email the hotel in advance to ask for park view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple