“average”

Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Harrogate
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“average”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

A nice hotel and very central in Harrogate. The room we stayed was not set out very well and was dark. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We only stayed for one night and the bed was very comfortable. The worst thing was the creaky floorboards from the room above and the noise the doors make when closing.

1 Thank sylid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my mum for one night. We arrived a little early to check in and reception was very helpful and asked if we would like to leave our bags while we went shopping.
The decor of the hotel is very well done and very cosy.
The bedroom was spacious and adequate space for clothes etc.
breakfast was ok !!! Bit disappointed if I'm honest.. The breakfast Buffett needs more choice - maybe a mixture of fresh fruit some natural yoghurt and a bigger selection of pastries, meats and cheeses. The cooked breakfast however was lovely.
I would stay here again as very central location and staff friendly.

• Stayed August 2013
Louisa-Jane B, Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us I am delighted you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. I have passed your comments on to the staff and they were very pleased.

We are currently in the process of reviewing our breakfast buffet offering.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

East Yorkshire
Reviewed August 12, 2013

MY wife and I stayed at the White Hart on the 10th of August the room was fine and had great view of Harrogate.
We ate in the Fat badger for lunch which was good and had drinks there later in the evening which was very vibrant,The outside patio heater where very welcoming the staff where very helpful and efficient.
It has plenty of parking and is well located for exploring Harrogate.
I will definitely visit again.
Ian the general manager was especially helpful.

Room Tip: Parking entrance is next to the Fat Badger pub, if you miss it you can caught in the one way loop!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisa-Jane B, Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you enjoyed in particular the Fat Badger.

I am pleased that you found the staff to be efficient and helpful the corner stone I believe to any good stay. I look forward to seeing you back in the near future and I am pleased you found myself to be especially helpful during your stay with us.

Durham
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I Think that the price we paid for the room with breakfast was outstanding value. Read some of the reviews after i had booked this hotel and it goes to show its really what you make of it. My partner and i had a lovely time in Harrogate and were very pleased with booking this hotel. The decor was very tastefully done and the staff were spot on. Cheaper than premiere Inn and loads more charm with breakfast thrown in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel.

I am especially pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Seaham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just back from an overnight stay at the White Hart Hotel.

We travelled with our one year old daughter and usually stay in a serviced apartment when we visit Harrogate.

On our last trip, we were very impressed with the hotels location after visiting the Fat Badger pub on our way back to the apartment. Having found there was a suite available on our date of travel, I decided to book into this hotel for one night.

Fair enough, the last minute tariff for the room was only £75 including breakfast, but the "suite" turned out to be, in our opinion, nothing more than a normal sized room which was very tired and in need of some TLC.

On arrival, we were impressed with the entrance hall and reception area, however it all went downhill from there!

We got to our room, number 212, having emailed AND telephoned in advance to organise a cot and cot linen, only to find there was no cot in the room.

In every other suite I have stayed in, it was a room with a bedroom and separate seating area, which was exactly what we required.

We walked into the room to find a mirror and wardrobe on the left hand side, and the door to the bathroom on the right. Then a four poster bed filled the rest of the room, with a small desk, and one chair in front of the window. How did this constitute being a "SUITE"!

The decor was very tired, with holes in the Walls and cracks in the ceiling. The bathroom wasn't big enough to swing a cat in, and the bath wasn't as big as our kitchen sink.

Disappointed was an understatement!!!!

I immediately went to reception to organise my daughter a cot, and to attempt to be moved to a bigger room, only to be told the hotel was presently full.

When the cot was delivered to the room, there was a folded sheet to cover the base, but no sheet or blanket to cover my child. Luckily I had a spare blanket in the car.

On departing, the receptionist didn't even have the courtesy to ask if we had enjoyed our stay - maybe she saw the looks on our face and decided against it!

In our opinion, this was a blatant misrepresentation of a "SUITE" and room 212 should not be described as this. Unless of course, room 212 was not indeed a suite, but actually a normal room, with no suites actually available at the time.

Anyway, we don't really care anymore, as we definitely won't be back!!!

• Stayed August 2013

Travelers are raving about these Harrogate hotels

Ballingry, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night on august 2nd. Appearance of hotel was nice, reception staff were helpful and family room was decent . Bed was comfy, towels were fresh and clean and enjoyed our stay. 2 very minor points to report. Room was on top floor and was very warm, we had to sleep with window open as far as it would go and had to use a mirror to keep it wedged open. Then had to endure various street noise throughout the night but we were so tired we had no problem falling asleep each time. We went for breakfast and the food and choice of food was excellent apart from the milk being off which was quickly replaced. We found the minor faults werent going to detract from our stay and would like to thank all the staff at the hotel for great service

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Louisa-Jane B, Manager at White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Delighted to read your recent review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stowmarket, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here for one night while at a conference in Harrogate - I picked it because it was the cheapest hotel on the list we were given.

I should have gone for the next one up the list - my room was a reasonable size, but very shabby. There were extension leads all over the place, and the bathroom was very shabby. The Molton Brown toiletries were a lovely (but incongruous) touch.

I also complained to the front desk, as at some point during the night (between 10pm and 5am, not entirely sure) someone was rolling kegs from the bar to the bins, and emptying the empty bottles into the recycling. EPIC racket.

My single bed was extremely hard and tipped about 5 degrees to one side.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor. Naturally I was disappointed to read your comments and will of course investigate barrels being moved about late at night.

I accept your comments regarding your room and am pleased to state that we our about to begin a refurbishment program for the bedrooms. However I understand that this does not help you and would ask that if you our in the Harrogate area again, contact me directly and I will make the arrangements for your stay personally.

I do hope to welcome you back to the White Hart in the near future, and would like the opportunity to restore a little faith.

Ian and the Team