White Hart Hotel & Apartments
  • Restaurant
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
  • Restaurant
1,852 results
All reviewsfat badgerlovely hotelcentral locationrefurbished roomcar parkingbars and restaurantsstayed for one nightlovely roomshort breakenjoyable stayvalley gardensa lovely stayafternoon teatown centrevisiting harrogatebrasserierear
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed on the Sunday night over the recent Bank Holiday weekend. From the moment we arrived everything was faultless. Good car parking space [I know some reviewers have mentioned the charge, but try parking in Harrowgate!], a warm welcome at reception with our room already allocated. Room was on floor 2 which appears to have been recenltly refurbished. It was spotlessly clean including Moulton Brown toiletries.We had booked for Sunday lunch which turned out to be superb. At £12 for the main course it might seem expensive but the choice, quality and quantity easily justified the price. Service was first class! The breakfast is probably one of the best we have had in any hotel [and we've stayed at quite a few]. Cooked to order and once again served very efficiently by friendly and attentive staff. We will have no hesitation returning and we both would like to thank the hotel team for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for floor 2 near to the lift facing the front of the hotel. You will then be away from the Fat Badger pub which could possibly be noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisa-Jane B, Guest Relations Manager at White Hart Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Hotel and I can assure you that your comments and thanks has been passed on to all of the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at the White Hart over the Spring Bank Holiday weekend. Our first encounter on arrival was lunch at the Fat Badger, which we found to be excellent, made better still by the provision of a voucher giving us a 25% discount on our bill. We ate in the Brasserie in the evening, and were sufficiently impressed with the food in both venues to eat again in the hotel for the remainder of our stay in Harrogate. The breakfast served to us each morning was well prepared using very high quality ingredients, and there was a good selection of cooked breakfast items as well as a buffet style continental breakfast. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner in the hotel and we could not find fault with any aspect of the food served to us.

Our room was impeccably clean and had plenty of towels and good bedlinen. There were beverage making facilities in our room and an ample supply of tea and coffee and also some rather tasty biscuits.

Our two day stay was perfect in every way. It is difficult to see how our stay could have been better. We found the staff most engaging and eager to please. A completely delightful experience from start to finish.

Dear Mr Thierry,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The White Hart Hotel.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

Louisa-Jane

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Generally we found the hotel ok.. We had a lovely room, over looking the Stray but it was somewhat marred by the bed having obviously been laid on. Then when I went into the bathroom someone had presumably used the toilet and washed their hands (soap opened, packet left on the side, one toilet roll not folded as the other was, towel damp and dishevelled). This made me check that the bed hadn't actually been slept in, but looked ok. Very comfortable bed and a good nights sleep. We ate in the bar, I had steak and ale pie with mash and pickled red cabbage. I was a bit dubious about the cabbage but it turned out to be totally scrumptious. My husband had a pork pie, mushy peas and chips who rated it as good. The cooked Breakfast was good, but the fresh fruit platter was a bit sparse. I took a good helping and I didn't notice it being replenished for the other guests after us. Overall a fair hotel, but there may be others better in a town full of hotels and guest houses.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front if you want a view, but on the 2nd or 3rd floor to be away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisa-Jane B, Guest Relations Manager at White Hart Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

We sincerely apologise for your room. Unfortunately we did make a mistake and appreciate that this is unacceptable but I would like to assure you that this is not our usual standards at all. We had shown a guest to that room and they requested to be moved to an alternative room, upon leaving this room it should have been inspected by a member of the Housekeeping team to ensure that the room was of an acceptable standard to receive guests. However due to a breakdown in communication this usual standard of practice did not happen. Please feel free to contact me if you choose to return to The Hotel. You can email me on sales@whitehart.net.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed here for a 1 night break. It is a lovely hotel that is in the centre of Harrogate. had a lovely evening meal and the b/fast was lovey too. The rooms are nice although a bit small and slightly dated.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I came here with my husband, mother and two grown-up daughters here for Sunday lunch in The Fat Badger. The atmosphere was lovely, the food was good and the staff very attentive and helpful. What a disappointment to discover that having spent around £100 in the restaurant, we were then expected to pay a fee of £5 for using the car park. I think this an issue that needs addressing please!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your valued feedback. We will be more than happy to discuss this matter further if you would like to call myself or Chantel on 01423 505681.