“A lovely warm Yorkshire welcome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of White Hart Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
White Hart Hotel
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Harrogate
“A lovely warm Yorkshire welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

My fiancee and i were taken back by the warm welcome we received on our arrival. The room exceeded our expectations for the price we paid.

Walking distance from Harrogate town centre and a short drive to the yorkshire countyside were important to us and we had both.

Food and drink great and customer service with a smile .. It made the 4 hour drive up north well worth it.

Would definitely stay again and recomend to friends and family

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Lincoln
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Booked this at last minute and got the last remaining room. Reception friendly and efficient. Our room was small but clean. However, huge extractor fans were outside our window and 'roared' all night. Because of the noise we couldnt open the window so spent a stuffy, warm night. It was room 322.
The room we had breakfast in was a bit 'tired'; carpet very stained. It needs some TLC.
Location was very central and convenient.
The price we paid for the break was excellent but I dont think we will be going back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank shadowstar
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have just spent a pleasant Saturday evening at this hotel. Staff were very polite and helpful. The single room was a decent size, nicely decorated and clean. The bathroom was spotless and well equipped. Tea tray was well stocked. Downstairs the restaurant is very chic and well run. It even has it's own pub, the Fat Badger, which seems very popular with non guests as well. My only complaint is traffic noise. They need to upgrade with double glazing, although I realise it would be a mammoth task.

Room Tip: Rear of the building may be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank GeorgeB64
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed here as a lone female business traveller so wanted a hotel that had a bar and restaurant on site. I received a friendly greeting on arrival at the hotel and was impressed that with the building and decor. My room felt a bit of a let down in comparison. Nicely decorated but done on the cheap. Uncomfortable bed and plastic panelling in the bathroom instead of tiling! I went for a wander round Harrogate before going to the bar to have a drink and catch up on my emails. I wish the reception staff had warned me that the bedroom door needs to be locked from the inside on departure. Thankfully my laptop etc was still there when I got back but the door hadn't locked behind me when I left.
Next I took my laptop and went to the bar. Irritatingly there is no table service, so I had to hunt for a table leave some non valuables on it while I went to the bar to order a drink. Again to order a top up I had to take handbag and laptop etc! I thoroughly enjoyed my evening meal in the restaurant though, and the £99 dinner bed and breakfast was great value.
Being so central meant a rubbish nights sleep. The room was small and warm with no air con so I had to sleep with the window wide open. The noise however didn't offend me as much as spending half the night scratching the bite on my leg that I got from either the bed or the carpet. Unpleasant to say the least.....
I would recommend the restaurant but sadly the rooms need some work

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank CarrieBradshaw3
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed for one night only - room pleasant enough but bed had slats which were all over the place leaving huge gaps. I had to change rooms and was given a similar room but the slats were in a better position. I have been a single traveller for years a and frankly have never had a bed like this before- a single divan would have been fantastic! The hotel is lovely and clean, and in a super position near to the centre of Harrogate. Evening meal was superb, breakfast was adequate and the staff were very helpful and obliging.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room - if you are near the pub area there is noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank parkypam3
Bristol, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Another week at The White Hart and things seem to be running well after a year in on the re-fit. Standard of food is very high, although I did experience some of the variability of portion size which has been mentioned elsewhere. Some main courses can seem a bit like a large starter, so it's worth checking. Fish 'n' chips could not be beaten. Staff young and friendly. I wonder what they are going to do with the rooms? They are perfectly serviceable but they've not changed in the 12 years or so I've been going there (in fairness there was some minor refurbishment last year, but nothing substantial). I imagine you could through a truck of money at a hotel the age of the White Hart so lets hope the tills keep ringing down below to fund a re-fit at some point!

Room Tip: The Fat Badger end of the hotel can get noisy on a summer's night when lots of people are outsid...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tripper064
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We booked this hotel for its location and although slightly expensive we felt the rooms looked nice online and it would be a good choice as we were attending a wedding in Harrogate that day.

On arrival we attempted to check in to our room but as we were 15 minutes early to the stated 2pm check in time we were refused a room as apparently none were available. We were however asked to pay for the room upfront even though we could not use it. This was obviously extremely frustrating as we were due to attend the wedding at 2pm and had no time to wait around for the room.

When we came back to hotel at 1am we had to wait around for the night porter to give us a key and our baggage.

The room was extremely small and hard to move around without knocking into something, the wardrobe door would not open properly as the bed was in its way. More importantly it was a very hot nights sleep even with windows fully open, there was no air conditioning.
In the morning during check out we voiced our dissapointment to the same staff member regarding the room being too hot and were told we should have asked for a fan. This would have been impossible for us ask for a fan as we didn't get given our room key until 1am.

Overall it was a disappointing stay and we will certainly not be returning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank anna2287

Travelers are raving about these Harrogate hotels