“Fantastic little treat”

Harrogate Turkish Baths and Health Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in Harrogate - the UK's most popular Spa Town, visit the Turkish Baths and Spa to unwind your mind and invigorate your body. The Harrogate Turkish Baths are a fully restored Victorian Turkish Baths providing a unique heritage site and relaxing sanctuary from the outside world. Choose from a wide variety of spa treatments or just spend time unwinding in the beautiful heat and steam rooms and feel the stresses and strains of life just melt away. With friends, loved ones or on your own, a visit to The Harrogate Turkish Baths is a small slice of heaven!
England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fantastic little treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

If in Harrogate give this a go, great way to get ready for a night out. Very relaxing and different experience.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Poor customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My fiance and I visited the turkish baths on valentines day. As a suprise he'd booked me in for a half hour back massage. My therapists manner was off hand and it was clear she couldn't be bothered. I told her my neck is my problem area so she suggested she split the massage- half the time on my back and then turn me over and focus on my neck. She spent 10 mins massaging my back and 3/4 mins on my neck. Less than half the time i was paying for. It was supposed to be a 30 min massage for £30 but worked out at over £2 a minute! I complained to the manager and he said he would speak to the therspist and then call me. He rang the nx day to tell me the therspist had denied cutting short my time and in fact she felt she had run over time because she had done some "extra" work on my neck. He explained that there was obviously some discrepancy over time on my part and then went silent. I filled in the awkward silence by thanking him for calling me back and we said goodbye. After I got off the phone I wished I hadn't been so polite. I felt embarrassed as if I'd been made out to he a liar. The complaints procedure and customer service was extremely poor and I certainly wouldn't book a treatment there again.

2 Thank joanne1945
Halifax, United Kingdom
“A must visit! Lovely afternoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Words of advice - book early if you want to go on a specific date.

We visited on a Friday. Period facilities well restored. Well worth a visit but it can get busy.

The plunge pool is the biggest I have ever been to and it is VERY cold!

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Truly unique experience! Very relaxing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Excellent facility, beautifully restored and preserved. A very different experience to modern spa's and truly excellent. Very relaxing. Terrific staff, very friendly and helpful. A must visit for people going to Harrogate!

Bakewell, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Well worth (multiple!) visiting - so unique!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've never been to a place like this - so well preserved and colourful in all its Victorian glory, while being clean and contemporary in its service. We were initally talked through the process by a really friendly fellow, and then left to enjoy it at our leisure in a not-too-crowded and relaxed atmosphere. The decor is so ornate but the facilities themselves modern and functional - clean towels whenever you like and showers equipped with soap.
We then paid extra for a massage which involved a robe and a good 40 minutes in the exclusive jacuzzi room, and the massage itself was so relaxing, and professional but friendly, taking into account that we'd never had one before.

1 Thank Alice P