“Perfection In Harrogate”

and 1 more site!
April House
Ranked #25 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We spent nine lovely nights at David and Ruth's outstanding Bed and Breakfast, April House. They were extraordinarily helpful and accomodating from the moment we inquired about availability. They sent us "insider tips" for driving from our arrival airport in Manchester and welcomed us with tea and cookies even though we showed up several hours early. Throughout the week they offered recommendations about places to go, sites to see, restaurants, pubs, and shops. Our room was simply superb with a comfy bed, large windows to enjoy the views of the quiet neighborhood, and a spectacularly well appointed bath. Everything was spotless. Breakfasts were sumptuous, made to order, and our daily interactions with David and Ruth were always engaging. For those who have business at Menwith Hill, a base bus stop is just a block away at the bottom of the hill, 2-3 minute walk. We can't imagine staying anywhere else in Harrogate.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
aprilhouse, Owner at April House, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank-you Tim and Mac for your very complimentary review. Ruth and I enjoyed meeting you and are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. One thing I would like to point out to anyone reading your review, the en-suite consists of a large shower, toilet and wash basin - there is not a bath, which people reading your review might think there is. Once again, many thanks and we hope your return to St. Petersburg went smoothly.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Really enjoyed my recent stay for 5 nights at April House. Inn was very clean and in great condition. Very beautiful and comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding. The hosts were to gracious, fun to chat with and had great recommendation for local things to do and where to eat. You cannot go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: Loved room #4
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
aprilhouse, Owner at April House, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank-you Heather for your review. It was a real pleasure to look after you and your colleagues during your short visit to Harrogate and to know that your stay at April House was so enjoyable. Ruth and I hope to see you again when you visit the area for a vacation rather than work!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

What can I say these two lovely people running this bb are fantastic , they make you feel so welcome I stayed there for 3weeks and it was the best accommodation I have ever stayed in . Clean comfortable spotless and nothing is a Problem to David and Ruth , breakfasts are fantastic everything you want you get . Anybody looking on here for a review I'd book it now as you will get nothing as good as this bb in Harrogate , so book now . And a big thank you to David and Ruth for making it home from home for me ... X

Room Tip: Fantastic ..... Book before you loose this accommodation
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
aprilhouse, Owner at April House, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank-you for taking the time to write this very complimentary review. It was a pleasure to meet you and hope your new career is successful and enjoyable. Ruth and I hope to see you again next time you visit Harrogate

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here in October 2012 for 2 nights and could not have felt more at home. The room was nicely decorated with a comfortable bed and easy chairs. The newly refurbished en-suite shower room was straight out of a bathroom catalogue! David and Ruth were excellent hosts and the selection of cooked food and fruit/cereals as well as home made preserves for breakfast was a delight. Nice china - spotlessly clean accommodation. If we stay in the area again, we will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Ours was not the most expensive room but was superb. The district is so quiet, street noise would no...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Many people on departing indicate that they will post a review - not all do, so it is very much appreciated when a review is posted. When we get such nice comments it makes all our efforts worth while - thank-you

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed here for5 weeks due to my work commitment and it was fantastic, David and Ruth were very friendly and welcoming. My room was very nice and comfortable with ensuite and big fluffy towels. I very much enjoyed my stay and would recommend people to stay as the room was great, the breakfast menu had lots of choice, it's only a short walk from town and there is free parking at the b&b. Thank you David and Ruth for such a lovely stay.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank-you Sarah for your very kind review - it is very much appreciated. I must say that you were probably the easiest guest we have ever had when it came to breakfast. I think the most you had was half a bowl of porridge and a small pot of tea! Ruth and I wish you success in your new employment and hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I found this B and B from the Internet and was very happy that I took note of the reviews. It is in a very good location. I could walk to town easily and not have to worry about parking. The house is lovely and full of interesting things to look at. Lovely china and a great choice for breakfast all beautifully cooked. There were some really nice choices for breakfast. My room was very comfortable with a nice shower en-suite. Some nice touches in the room, bottled water, hair drier and an adapter plug for foreign visitors. Very thoughtful. Lovely thick large towels and lots of them. Beautiful linens too. From Harrogate I drove to Scotland where I am also in a B and B which is not nearly as nice as April House. I would highly recommend April House. The proprietors are lovely, friendly people with lots of time to talk to guests. A most enjoyable visit and I would highly recommend a visit to April House.

Room Tip: Any room would be lovely
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

An enjoyable one night stay in a tastefully decorated room. This room benefited from a new large en-suite bathroom with double shower cubicle. My nice stay rounded off with a good breakfast with plenty of choice.

• Stayed: September 2012