Have just returned from a 2 night break to the Alexa House in Harrogate 30/05 - 01/06. The day before we arrived an email was received to explain that the host would not be able to greet us on arrival as she had a meeting to attend but gave us instructions that our key would be in the key safe next to the front door. Our room was a deluxe double on front of house, small amount of road noise but didn't bother us, you have a great choice for breakfast, fruit juices, cereals, fruit and full cooked English, tea or coffee. The lounge had a bar where you helped yourself and just wrote in the book what you had. Our host was very informative of local area and the centre of Harrogate is just 5-10 minutes walk away where there's plenty of shops and restaurants. We had re-booked an afternoon tea at the Old Swan Hotel just down the road which was delicious and well worth the money, we also visited Harlow Carr RHS gardens on our second day and was a great day out, we spent over six hours walking round the gardens stopping arond lunch time at Betty's cafe within the actual gardens but if you miss this one there is another Betty's as you leave next to the entrance. Our hosts name was Sandra who we would like to thank for our very enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alexa House is a beautifully restored detached Victorian property with ample free parking, situated just a short stroll from the town. The Conference & Exhibition Halls are close by so it is the ideal place to enjoy a visit to Harrogate whether for business or pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Alexa House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexa House Hotel Harrogate
- Alexa House Harrogate, Yorkshire