“Great location, great host, ideal for a weekend in Harrogate!”

Acorn Lodge Harrogate
Ranked #2 of 83 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Usually when I look at the top rated hotels on Tripadvisor, they are a fair bit out of my price range. So I was pleasantly to find that the price of Acorn Lodge was cost about the same as all other b&bs in Harrogate.
The owner, Phil, is great. A genuinely nice guy who seemed like he would go out of his way to do anything for you. We needed a car parking permit - I was just about to ask for it when I saw it waiting by the front door for us! There were a few people staying there who had obviously seem before, but he treated everyone as an old friend.
We stayed in room 4, which was a nice twin room. To be honest, I've stayed in nicer rooms for less money, but for the area I think the price was fair for what we got. 2 single beds which had been pushed together to make a double for us, flat screen tv, tea & coffee making facilities and power shower. The only thing I can say is that the bathroom was cold as there was no radiator in there - being a bit picky I know, but that's the only bad thing I can think of! The fab full English breakfasts more than made up for being cold for a couple of minutes when steppiing out of the shower!
If I went to Harrogate again, I wouldn't think twice about staying anywhere else. It was just perfect for what we wanted.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 13, 2009

A lovely little guest house set in the beautiful town of Harrogate.
Owners were very helpful, we had fantastic service throughout our stay.
The rooms are individual and ours even had a jacuzzi style huge bath! The guest house has quirky features and we loved the honesty bar.

We would definately go back, without question.

Thanks

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2009

We have recently returned from an overnight stay at Acorn Lodge. We stayed in Room 2 on a Monday evening. We can only endorse what everyone else has said. We were able to park free of charge just outside the front door. After officially checking out we were given a parking permit to stay for the rest of the day in Harrogate. When we asked for an extra heater for the room this was immediately provided (and although we do not want to give the impression that the room was cold, but only that my wife likes it extremely warm). We were also supplied upon request with an extension lead so that again my wife could use her beloved hairdryer. Breakfast was all that everyone else has said and when I asked for mine without tomato the immediate response was would I like an extra egg instead. In itself this was only a little thing, but it is more than most hotels do and is indicative of the service and friendliness of Philip. We would both be happy to go again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2009

WOW - not what I expected at all! I don't usually do reviews but I felt I had to. What a great place to stay. We were greeted by a very genuinely, friendly Phil. He made us feel right at home, he even took the car keys so that if the car needed moving from the parking area could do it...bliss!
Our room was great, very spacious, clean and well decorated. The bathroom was very adequate and toileteries provided, we particularly loved the fancy touch on the loo roll!!
Breakfast was delicious....proper poached eggs
Attention to detail was fantastic from the toothpicks in the dining room to the complimentary, ready threaded sewing kit provided in the bedroom.
All in all nothing was too much trouble and we consider Acorn Lodge to be the best B&B we have ever stayed in. I'd even recommend it to my Mum it's that good!
As for Phil, well I feel like i've known him for years, what a nice guy, thank you fior your hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2009

I needed a B&B for two nights when I was in Harrogate for an exhibit and I can honestly say this B&B deserves its No 1 ranking with TripAdvisor. The B&B was in a lovely location on a pretty, quiet street. We were able to park. We turned up later than we had hoped due to horrendous traffic but we were greeted in a friendly manner nonetheless. The room was big enough, clean and modern, with nice touches like boutique hotel style toiletries, lots of teas and coffees to choose from and more. The breakfast was delicious with a wonderful choice of continental breakfast type things (Muesli, yogurt, and beautiful fresh fruit salad) and the scrambled eggs and toast I had, and my husband's full English breakfast were beautifully cooked and we left feeling very satisfied. I have to add that this was the first B&B or hotel I have stayed at that had Rooibos tea available at breakfast. Having unusual choices like that is one of the things that makes this B&B stand out and helped make our stay such a pleasure. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2009

This was our first visit to this hotel and our host Phil made us feel very welcome. Our room was very clean and the breakfasts very filling! The hotel seems to be popular with everyone and I would not hesitate to reccommend it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We have stayed at Acorn Lodge now for a couple of years and never go anywhere else. The rooms are really modern and clean and Phil (the owner) cannot do enough for you. The breakfasts are fantastic and great for setting you up for working all day at the exhibition centre which is literally a couple of minutes walk down the hill. Really close to the town centre and you can park at the Lodge so it's all round fantastic. Much better than staying in an impersonal hotel. There's even an honesty bar and a lovely lounge to chill in if you want to stay up into the wee small hours of the morning, long after the pubs and bars have shut! Can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business