Usually when I look at the top rated hotels on Tripadvisor, they are a fair bit out of my price range. So I was pleasantly to find that the price of Acorn Lodge was cost about the same as all other b&bs in Harrogate.
The owner, Phil, is great. A genuinely nice guy who seemed like he would go out of his way to do anything for you. We needed a car parking permit - I was just about to ask for it when I saw it waiting by the front door for us! There were a few people staying there who had obviously seem before, but he treated everyone as an old friend.
We stayed in room 4, which was a nice twin room. To be honest, I've stayed in nicer rooms for less money, but for the area I think the price was fair for what we got. 2 single beds which had been pushed together to make a double for us, flat screen tv, tea & coffee making facilities and power shower. The only thing I can say is that the bathroom was cold as there was no radiator in there - being a bit picky I know, but that's the only bad thing I can think of! The fab full English breakfasts more than made up for being cold for a couple of minutes when steppiing out of the shower!
If I went to Harrogate again, I wouldn't think twice about staying anywhere else. It was just perfect for what we wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Philip, Alison and family offer a very warm welcome to Acorn Lodge and are pleased to offer you a relaxing stay at our beautiful guest house located on a quiet tree line avenue just minutes walk from the heart of the historic Spa town of Harrogate, and a short stroll from the International Conference Centre. The delightful Yorkshire Dales, Moors and Coast are right on our doorstep as are the bustling cities of York and Leeds. We pride ourselves on high standards of friendly service and so ensure you have a relaxing and pleasant stay. We believe that a few things to make your stay relaxing and comfortable are key - relaxing decor, comfortable beds, immaculate bathrooms with power showers, some with whirlpool baths, fluffy bath sheets and a hearty breakfast with plenty of choice all in a convenient yet quiet location. All this - with the essential ingredient of a welcoming, high standard of service - is what Acorn Lodge is all about. We look forward to welcoming you to Acorn Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Book Direct Rooms, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Acorn Lodge Harrogate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acorn Lodge Harrogate Hotel Harrogate
- Acorn Lodge Harrogate Yorkshire