“Great place to stay”

Acorn Lodge Harrogate
Ranked #2 of 99 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Lovely spotlessly clean B&B, really friendly people, in a quiet area, but very close to the town centre.
I stayed here for 2 nights with a friend in a twin room & wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The breakfast was everything you could ask for & Phil & Alison were very efficient serving it. The room was cosy & warm & the bed was really comfortable. Lots of extras in the room too.
Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for Phil & Ali & we were made to feel very welcome.

Room Tip: We had a twin room (4 ) & it was spotless.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChippsCoventry
AcornLodgeHarrogate, Owner at Acorn Lodge Harrogate, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Many thanks for your lovely review. We take great care to keep our rooms spotlessly clean and are pleased you enjoyed your breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Acorn Lodge in the near future.
Phil and Ali

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed here for a conference at the Harrogate International Centre for two nights. I had booked late and was so glad I found Acorn Lodge rather than being stuck in a soulless big hotel. I arrived quite late but this was no problem and Phil and Ali even kept my road bike safe in the house rather than leaving it in the car. They were really welcoming and friendly to all the guests with the right balance of being interested in you without being intrusive.
The room was clean, comfortable, cozy and quiet and the blinds gave total light shutout allowing a great night's sleep (the bed and bedding were really comfy too). Breakfast was a really sold start to the day with a range of choices - healthier stuff but the choice of Masham bacon and sausage for the full English (yum!)
The location is ideal - 2 minutes from HIC centre (so ideal for me at the conference); 5 minutes from the centre of Harrogate with a heap of good bars, pubs and restaurants nearby. Acorn Lodge is on a really quiet street, so even though it close to the centre of town, it is very quiet.
It really was difficult to fault the place - many thanks for one of the best stays I've had away from home for work-related stuff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul K

Thank you for your kind review. We love it when guests say it's the best place they have stayed in for when they are working here. We hope to see you again soon. Phil and Ali

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed here last night as I was working up in the north and I had a lovely pleasant stay. I looked at numerous B&B's etc the night before and narrowed it down to 3 with this one being my first choice, thankfully when my office rang to book they had one room left, a twin. From the moment I arrived I was made to feel very welcome and it was as if I had stayed there numerous times before. The twin room that I stayed in was very spacious and nicely set out. TV, Iron, IPod docking station, alarm clock, toiletries, tea, coffee & hot chocolate were all available in the room.
I took a walk into town for something to eat that evening and found a lovely pub, which I will review separately, before returning to my room and having one of the best nights sleep away from home that I have had in a long time.
Breakfast the next morning was very nice (I opted for the full English) before I made my way back south to the office.
As I am working in the north for the next 2-3 months I will definitely be staying here again.
I look forward to seeing you again Philip & Alison

Vince Fitter (Not to be mistaken for a movie star!!) :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Whackerv23

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review Vince. We are really pleased you had a good night's sleep, we are proud or our quiet yet handy location.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon, please give us a call.
Phil and Ali

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Just returned from two nights staying at Acorn Lodge. A beautiful b&b very near to the centre of Harrogate. Our rooms were extremely comfortable and beautifully furnished. We stayed in room 4 which had just had a new bathroom - and the shower was superb. Lovely and warm -a varied and well presented breakfast and the hosts Phil and Ali very pleasant and helpful. I would certainly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank cleggyStalybridge
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights last weekend 1st to 3rd March. What can I say that hasn't already been said. Phil and Ali make you feel so welcome from start to finish. When you leave you feel like you've made new friends. The room was beautiful with a lovely seating area to watch the world go by, not that much does as it's such a quite pretty road. Breakfast is fit for a king and nothing is to much trouble. It's in a fantastic location for the town centre. Ali gave us some great advance about a lovely pub with good food The Coach and Horses, give it a try if you visit. I hope we find ourselves staying with Phil and Ali again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly P
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Excellent stay - couldn't ask for more. Room newly decorated and comfy, extremely friendly owner who did everything to make our stay an enjoyable one. Easy parking. Very good value. Will return - and highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank John M
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I visited Harrogate for the first time and stayed alone in the unique, comfortable and quirky single room and I was blown away. Lots of thought has been put into making this room comfortable and snug.
Too many B&Bs treat you as just another guest but I really felt like I was staying amongst friends here and they had time for me to ensure I got the most from my two days stay in Harrogate.
It is just a short walk into the town and is nestled in a quiet corner of the street so my car felt very safe being left there all weekend.
Thank you so much for such a lovely, comfortable stay. I will be back and hopefully my favourite little room 5 will be available.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo