“Lovely place, lovely B&B, lovely people, very welcoming” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acorn Lodge Harrogate

Acorn Lodge Harrogate
Ranked #2 of 104 Harrogate B&B and Inns
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Lovely place, lovely B&B, lovely people, very welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed here last night as I was working up in the north and I had a lovely pleasant stay. I looked at numerous B&B's etc the night before and narrowed it down to 3 with this one being my first choice, thankfully when my office rang to book they had one room left, a twin. From the moment I arrived I was made to feel very welcome and it was as if I had stayed there numerous times before. The twin room that I stayed in was very spacious and nicely set out. TV, Iron, IPod docking station, alarm clock, toiletries, tea, coffee & hot chocolate were all available in the room.
I took a walk into town for something to eat that evening and found a lovely pub, which I will review separately, before returning to my room and having one of the best nights sleep away from home that I have had in a long time.
Breakfast the next morning was very nice (I opted for the full English) before I made my way back south to the office.
As I am working in the north for the next 2-3 months I will definitely be staying here again.
I look forward to seeing you again Philip & Alison

Vince Fitter (Not to be mistaken for a movie star!!) :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Whackerv23
AcornLodgeHarrogate, Owner at Acorn Lodge Harrogate, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review Vince. We are really pleased you had a good night's sleep, we are proud or our quiet yet handy location.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon, please give us a call.
Phil and Ali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
stalybridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Just returned from two nights staying at Acorn Lodge. A beautiful b&b very near to the centre of Harrogate. Our rooms were extremely comfortable and beautifully furnished. We stayed in room 4 which had just had a new bathroom - and the shower was superb. Lovely and warm -a varied and well presented breakfast and the hosts Phil and Ali very pleasant and helpful. I would certainly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank cleggyStalybridge
Twyford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights last weekend 1st to 3rd March. What can I say that hasn't already been said. Phil and Ali make you feel so welcome from start to finish. When you leave you feel like you've made new friends. The room was beautiful with a lovely seating area to watch the world go by, not that much does as it's such a quite pretty road. Breakfast is fit for a king and nothing is to much trouble. It's in a fantastic location for the town centre. Ali gave us some great advance about a lovely pub with good food The Coach and Horses, give it a try if you visit. I hope we find ourselves staying with Phil and Ali again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly P
Newmarket, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Excellent stay - couldn't ask for more. Room newly decorated and comfy, extremely friendly owner who did everything to make our stay an enjoyable one. Easy parking. Very good value. Will return - and highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank John M
MarvellousMarie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I visited Harrogate for the first time and stayed alone in the unique, comfortable and quirky single room and I was blown away. Lots of thought has been put into making this room comfortable and snug.
Too many B&Bs treat you as just another guest but I really felt like I was staying amongst friends here and they had time for me to ensure I got the most from my two days stay in Harrogate.
It is just a short walk into the town and is nestled in a quiet corner of the street so my car felt very safe being left there all weekend.
Thank you so much for such a lovely, comfortable stay. I will be back and hopefully my favourite little room 5 will be available.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MarvellousMarie
south yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We all enjoyed a lovely breakfast and the owners were very friendly and accommodating. This made things much easier with our three your old twins! (Sorry again for the noise!)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Lovely BandB with very nice owners. Room was very clean and decorated to a high standard. Bathroom was of a similar high standard with a great shower. Beds were very comfortable also, we had a smashing nights sleep!

The only slight criticism was that the room was cold on arrival as the radiator was turned off and it took sometime to warm-up and become comfortable.

Lodge is only a short walk (10-15mins tops) from the centre of town. Ideal for exploring the shops and numerous bars and restaurants. If you like Indian food try the Jinnah Restaurant on Cheltenham Parade - it's fantastic.

If you do eat out though remember to leave room for breakfast at the Acorn Lodge, you won't be disappointed. Fresh local produce cooked just right - yum!

Thanks to Ally and Phil for a smashing break.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple