“Birthday success”

Runamocha
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A multi-purpose restaurant and venue, Runamocha's concept is different from any other place in town. Playing host to a whole range of afternoon tea's from the hugely popular 'Mad Hatters' Afternoon Tea to the legendary (and great fun) Sex and the City Party, this popular local bistro on Harrogate's Cheltenham Crescent in the town centre is a magnet for locals of an evening who love to gather round with good friends, and indulge in the fabulous 32 day aged signature range steak menu, sourced from an award winning local farm. Enjoy from a 6oz rump to a Chateaubriand. If steak is not your thing then no worries the freshly cooked A La Carte menu is large and varied, catering for every palette. Runamocha's Sunday lunch being served from 12.00pm till 4.00pm has a huge fan Base and is widely regarded as the best Sunday lunch in Harrogate..! Needless to say it is very popular and booking is highly recommended.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

A few weeks ago myself and a friend decided to try the Runamocha restaurant after hearing positive remarks from a couple of friends and i have to say we were both far from disappointed and left the restaurant thinking we may well book it for my birthday meal out the following week at the end of December. I was unsure as to whether they would be able to cater for us as it was a Saturday night and we had a large group of around 25 to 30 people and it is a fairly small intimate styled restaurant but we decided to inquire and they were more than accommodating and so we had a table booked for 9pm Saturday night. I have to say everyone was very impressed and i'm sure that not only myself will definitely be returning once again. They did advice us when booking to pre order the food as the group was large and the menu has lots of little dishes but when i said it wouldn't be possible it wasn't a problem at all and on the evening it proved not to be a problem too. Obviously not everyone got each dish at exactly the same time but they made the effort to do there best and the service and the food was all absolutely superb! There were all sorts of dishes from small stone baked pizzas to steaks to salads and other little cicchetti and grazing kind of dishes and there were no negative remarks or food sent back or even mistakes what so ever! The atmosphere is great too and also unique with screens with log fires on which had an alternative use for the customers with various touch screen games to play, fantastic for children as well as adults after a couple of drinks i'm sure! I visit various restaurants fairly regularly in Harrogate and believe there are many good options out there one of which being Deanos restaurant which is a grazing dish styled restaurant also, but i have to say next time i fancy this kind of restaurant in the future i don't think i will be visiting Deanos again although very good we found Runamocha to be more refined and an altogether better dining experience now one of my favorite restaurants! Highly recommended they are on to something good here! Thank you for a great evening i will be back!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Delicious food, especially the wood pigeon, excellent value, warm and friendly, will certainly return.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were in Harrogate for the weekend, but we hadn't made any restaurant reservations. We decided to play it by ear and see where took our fancy on the night.
On the first night we used the trusted trip advisor reviews and visited Deano's which was quite satisfactory.
However this for me this restaurant far surpassed our experience the previous night!!!
Three different menus were on offer when we visited, A la carte, Cicchetti and the early bird / pre theatre menu. We were talked through the menus by one of the team and after much deliberation we opted for the pre theatre option which offered excellent value for money.
We received a wonderfully warm welcome by the owner, the restaurant is somewhat new and the setting was quite lovely and very comfortable.
The staff were friendly and attentive without being overbearing and the food was beautiful!
One of the best dining experiences I've ever had.
We will definitely be returning! Well done to all!!!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My mum and I absolutely loved eating here. We were greeted by a warm welcome from the owner who showed us to our table. Once sat down I was in awe or the decor inside, the attention to detail is incredible. I ordered a pot of tea which came in the most quaint, china tea set.The food was delicious, I ordered a Mediterranean vegetable sandwich which was presented so wonderfully on a cheese board with crisps in a small pan!! The ladies bathroom is beautiful, with Molton Brown soaps, and a bottle of champagne by the sinks. The whole experience of eating here was fabulous and I will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were in Harrogate for the evening and we walked around the town looking for something appetizing so we read the menu board for this place and although the exterior doesn't stand out like some others the menu does and a quick look through the window shows a contemporary and stylish interior. We went in and found the owner to be very warm and welcoming and the food was like tapas only larger portions and delicious so we highly recommend everything about this restaurant.