“absolutly first class.”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and myself called in for an evening meal on the 10/11/2013. The place was very well laid out and spotlessly clean, we were greeted by a very nice young lady who showed us to a table. This young lady was extremely polite and helpful, in fact she made our visit well worth while, her name was GINA. She is an asset to this business.
The service and food was first class, we would recommend this restaurant to everyone. If you get Gina to serve you it will be a bonus.
We will return to eat here again.
Graham & Liz Howard-Barker

Reviewed October 31, 2013

If your idea of a good restaurant is one that sets out half a dozen knives and forks per place setting and puts it's food in a small pile in the middle of a large plate with little dobs of sauce in a pattern then this isn't for you (and I'm glad I don't have you round for dinner).

But if you want a large choice of good food in a friendly atmosphere then I suggest you give this place a whirl. You instinctively know if things are right when you step through the door. And that's how it feels here. The 4 of us were greeted in a friendly and efficient manner and taken to the table. The menu's a bit different to other Italian places, focussing on pianccetti which is basically the Italian tapas. Great selection and well made if our visit is anything to go by.

I'd put it as one of the ideal places to visit with a few people to enhance the sharing "experience"

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I visited "Pesto" with some friends for lunch, the decor has a nice warm, inviting and clean feel to it. The staff were very friendly, although when the restaurant started getting busy the service did slow down a little bit, our waiter was friendly but a touch lacklustre, "i dunno" isn't really the answer i was expecting to some of our simple queries. As two avid fans of proper spanish tapas it was really nice to see the concept used here, and gave lunch a nice twist, something kids would love also. Money wise it is great value. We would definitely recommend "Pesto" to anyone looking for somewhere a bit different, friendly and great value for money.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Tonight we enjoyed a lovely meal as a family of six including two children. The pub/restaurant had a welcoming atmosphere with friendly staff who ensured all our needs were met. The food was really tasty. I loved the garlic mushrooms, the potatoes, beef stew but I could list all the dishes we had because we enjoyed them all. My mum is a vegetarian and she had a nice meal. The children played in the garden, we had a great night and will certainly return.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were halfway round an 8 mile walk when we found ourselves outside the Pesto at the Red Lion in South Stainley. We knew the pub already but did not realise it had changed its character so much to become the Italian style restaurant it now is. The extensive menu has most Italian favourites in tapas-style small portions priced at around £4. We chose antipasti for two at £8.95, garlic bread (£2.75), lasagne (£4.50) and penne al'arrabbiata (£3.75) and with two glasses of wine the bill was £28. we thought the novel concept of small plates at very reasonable prices excellent, enabling you to sample several dishes during one meal.
The service was warm and helpful and the atmosphere relaxing. This was a totally enjoyable experience in addition to an already wonderful walk in our glorious Yorkshire countryside and we would recommend the restaurant wholeheartedly.