“From Bronze to Silver”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of TeamWalking

TeamWalking
More attraction details
Owner description: TeamWalking offer a range of hill skills and outdoor adventures in the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and beyond. Choose from map reading courses, navigation skills (NNAS), mountain skills (Mountain Training), wild camping, Yorkshire Three Peaks, guided mountain walks, night hikes, compass skills, Boots & Beer Walking Weekends plus much more. We also offer corporate team building and activity days. TeamWalking is owned by Mark Reid, author of The Inn Way guidebooks and Mountain Leader. Since 2007, we have taken out over 7,000 people walking in the hills and mountains of Britain.
Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“From Bronze to Silver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

The weekend we had with Mark Reid taking our NNAS Bronze Award was so inspirational that we have signed up for the Silver. That's the best recommendation in my book (or is it map).

Visited March 2012

Yeadon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“1 day map reading & navigation course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I love walking but had never been shown how to read a map before so this course looked like just the thing for me - I was not disappointed! The day consisted of map reading skills, basic compass use, information on what to carry in your rucksack and has totally transformed my walking experience for the better. I can now plan and follow a route and feel confident that I am carrying the right equipment with me and that I have the knowledge to make the right decision if I get into trouble up on the hills. I'm practising my new skills now and will definitely be back to take my knowledge further - thanks to Mark for taking my walking to the next level

Visited November 2012

Harrogate, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great experience and fun "to boot"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

If you want to learn new or brush up on your existing navigation skills ? If you want to gain a recognised navigation skills qualification or just have an enjoyable experience walking in wonderful hills, dales and mountains ? TeamWalking are the perfect choice. I've completed 3 courses with them now - including the NNAS Bronze and Silver courses. The weekends were tailored to take into account the varied levels of experience and fitness, with just the right amount of physical and mental stretch. Great fun with a good mix of people, all sharing a common love of walking in beautiful countryside.

leeds
“bronze navigation award”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I recently attended the above award with Teamwalking thinking that i had very little to learn in navigational techniques,how wrong i was.
Our instructor for the weekend was the excellent Richard Tarran who constantly kept us on our toes with his teaching skills and learning tehniques most of which i use on every walk i now go on,we look forward to attending one of the mountain skills weekend with teamwalking.

Visited September 2012

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great weekend.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Thanks for the weekend ( NNAS Bronze Award). I really enjoyed it.
I came thinking I was a reasonably experienced walker but within hours it became apparent how little I knew. Although the course was quite intense it was done in a very relaxed and enjoyable manner - you didn't tell us off too often. I had a great weekend with a lovely bunch of people and I feel like I have learnt so much. I am hoping to progress to the Silver award next year and in the meantime will be out there practising the 4 d's.

Visited November 2012