Hotel du Vin and Bistro
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$83
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

$76
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
$87
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

Sophie's B&B(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$126
$102
$69
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $85/night.

The Crown Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$74
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

Cairn Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$102
  • Breakfast included
The Arc Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$94
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$104
Hotels.com
$297
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $345/night.

1,254 results
All reviewsmonsoon showerhdv harrogateroll top bathloft suitenespresso machinefree standing bathmini barthe general managerwalk in showerfirst floorlovely hotelreception staffsunday nightper nightwine listhuge bedlovely room
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Whilst the initial appearance looks good once you start to use the hotel you soon realise it's getting old and scruffy and needs an update / refresh. What we paid for the 2 nights I would expect a lot more from the hotel and to stop living off its name.

Would not go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mellissa D
Brian v, General Manager at Hotel du Vin and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear MellisaD,

thank you for your recent review, I am sorry to hear we did dissappoint you with the fabrics of our lovely hotel.
We are a very busy hotel and we do have a contineous maintenance program running to ensure we maintain our standards.

Further improvements are currently being discussed and I hope later this year you will give us another try.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I wanted a last minute getaway in the half term week and had stayed at the hotel du vin in York, so thought we'd give this a go.

The room was nicely furnished, modern and spacious, with the normal big bath and shower head which were fantastic.

The room was let down as it needs a bit of TLC, for example the tiles had white paint on where someone had 'missed', there were scuff marks everywhere and the tiles in the shower had that sort of mildew mould on them.

In the morning we went for breakfast and both opted for a full English which I had to leave (uncharacteristic) as it was quite greasy. Still, that was nothing compared to the next day!! When we arrived the waitress showed us to a table of two which we'd say at the day before and not been overly comfortable, so we asked to instead sit at the 4 sweater table by the window. You'd have thought I had asked her to sacrifice a member of her family as the tantrum (if huffing and puffing counts) that followed made me laugh, then angered me.

We order breakfast, I opted for boiled eggs and my partner porridge and continued to watch as couple after couple were served breakfast and left even if being seated after us, whilst we sat for 1/2 an hour. I complained to the manager who luckily looked very embarrassed and explained we felt punished for asking to sit at another table. She apologised.

On check out I was asked how my stay was to which I said something like, "it was good apart from the way we were treated this morning". The girl on reception just smiled, shuffled uncomfortably and ignored the comment.

Hotel Du Vin Management, whilst I would encourage anyone to employ staff who are in their teens and early twenties, I find several times I use the phrase 'well it's run by kids' as an explanation for poor service. I feel this was the case at this hotel. Why ask me how my stay was if you only want your receptionists to respond to positive feedback??

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank EmmaG13

Dear EmmaG13,

thnak you for your review, I am sorry to read about your experience.
Please do give me a call to discuss further.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed here for one night in July. Location is fantastic and you can park right outside the hotel. Our room was small and hot even though it was supposed to be a superior room. It was furthest away from the lift on the 1st floor. You need to book a room overlooking the stray and do not book a basement room.

Do not eat here. The food is ok but expensive but the wine is ridiculously expensive. A carafe ( 250ml ) so really just a large glass, £13.50!!

On the plus side, staff were lovely and very friendly.

To sum up, great for location, book a room on 1st floor or above overlooking the stray and eat elsewhere. There are loads of restaurants very nearby.

Room Tip: Above ground room overlooking the stray. If you can't get this don't bother.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank canary57taunton

Dear Canary57taunton,

thank you for your recent review and advise.

We have a great deal of wines by the glass and equally dishes that suit a very wide audience all priced accordingly.

I am very pleased that you approve of the location and my friendly & helpful team.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel is quirky and a basement room with a private room is very appealing. However don't bother if you want to sleep. The noise is from staff stomping around on the wooden floor above. I spoke with the night manager twice who said he'd speak with the staff but to no avail. £124 for one person and NO sleep isn't worth the stress. At least in a premier inn if you don't get a good nights sleep you get a refund. The staff attitude at Hotel du Vin is that if you book the cheapest room, and this is the cheapest room, then you should expect to put up with the noise from staff overhead. Very poor

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank 1TJJ

Dear 1TJJ,

thank you for your review of our basement room, please again accept my apologies for not providing you with a good night sleep. These rooms are not suited to all and light sleepers are better accommodated in other rooms. I am updating my websites further to ensure any future dissappointment.

Please give me a call next time you are planning to stay with us.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We recently stayed at Hotel du Vin for a Master Sommelier dinner held in their private dinning room. The hotel was very elegant and well appointed. We had a room with disabled access on the ground floor which was well appointed although the bath in the bedroom was a bit lost on me and I stubbed my toe on the wooden plinth about 3 times. There were numerous nice little touches such as Nespresso on the room, dressing gowns and touches you'd expect from a boutique hotel. The most negative thing I can think of about our room was the temperature, it must be south facing and it was a particularly warm day, even with the blinds down and curtains closed during the day it was stifling. The food was of a good standard although I think the kitchen struggled with our table for 16 because some of the food wasn't too hot and breakfast was tasty, although watch your knees in the bistro, the chairs don't work with the tables and you rush your legs, our friend in a wheelchair couldn't sit up against the table properly because the table was too low.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Maxine M,

Thank you for visiting our hotel and writing your review, great to hear you had a fantastic wine dinner. I do take on board your points and will address these.

Hope we can welcome you back soon to one of our popular wine events.