The Yorkshire Hotel
Crowne Plaza Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$129
$90
CrownePlaza.com
  • Breakfast included
Cairn Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$157
$72
  • Breakfast included
The West Park Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$127
  • Restaurant
Cedar Court Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$80
$72
The Crown Hotel(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$77
Ascot House Hotel Harrogate(Harrogate)(Great Value!)
$110
Old Swan Hotel(Harrogate)
$131
$104
1,965 results
All reviewsbetty's tea roomsold buildingfourth floora bit tiredcentral locationfantastic locationfire alarmup to datecentre of townbars and restaurantsnight breaklarge bathroomevening mealbuffet styleshort breakplenty of choicea lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived at the hotel we were lucky to get a parking space- it is very limited. As it was only 11am it came as no suprise that the room was not ready, however our luggage was stored and we were asked to return later in the day.

It became apparent very quickly why the hotel would receive a good score. As you turn the corner you are on one of the main shopping streets of the town.

The purpose of the visit was shopping, lunch, drinks and dinner with a visit to the turkish baths the following morning. We were never more than a 5 minute walk back to the hotel- perfect!

The hotel itself is very nice on the ground floor. We had room 308 which had a lovely view from the front of the hotel. The room was small (with an oversized bathroom) but the decor and fittings could be so much better. I must also note that the walls between rooms are very thin.

We pre-booked breakfast for £7 each which was adequate and freshly cooked.

Overall it was a pleasant stay- very convenient for the purpose of our stay and I would stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
yorkshiregm, General Manager at The Yorkshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was pleased to read that overall you had a pleasant stay with us. I certainly take on board some of the other feed-back you have given and I thank you for providing a balance review of the Yorkshire.
I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and would return again. The hotel is centrally placed and has adequate carparking facilities. The clean and tastefully decorated room was front facing on the 4th floor with great views over The Stray and beyond. Breakfast is good value and the staff are helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting good value accommodation in a central location.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor front facing rooms will guarantee great views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was delighted to read that overall you had enjoyed your stay with us. The 4th floor does indeed have some great views.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Paid 240 pounds for a weekend break including breakfast. What a total disappointment. Shabby hotel, smells and needs updating. The bar and staff are great it's just the hotel itself. We were on the top floor, every time anyone used the lift we heard the machinery, not very peaceful. Plus the smell of dirty greasy baking tines wafted up into the hall ways and lift shaft, not very pleasant. We spent most of the time going around Harrogate which is a great place to visit and therefor made the weekend better.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne R

I thank you for the time you have taken in writing your review on the tripadvisor website .I am sorry that your stay not a success for which I can only apologise. I was also sorry to read that you were disturbed by noise from lift on the 5th floor and that you found your room to be shabby. After an investigation with my Duty Management team it is regrettable that your disappointment does not appear to have been highlighted or addressed by the Duty Manager visiting your room. I wish to assure you that if the Duty Manager had been made aware they would have endeavoured to provide an alternative room.
I was pleased to read that despite any shortfalls with the product you found the service received by the team to be great.
It is only through comments such as those you have made that we are able to improve our standard and service.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Me and my husband had a quiet wedding and chose to travel to Harrogate and stay in the Yorkshire hotel with our 2 witnesses both rooms were nice and comfortable, maybe a little bit dated, staff were friendly, had a lovely meal in restaurant, the manager on the day 5th Oct 2013 could not do enough for the 4 of us after a small hiccup due to another wedding on the premises that day, we received a bottle of champagne and he made our day even more special.
Would recommend hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent comments on the tripadvisor website. I was very pleased to read how much you had enjoyed your stay and that we helped make your wedding day a little more memorable I am also pleased that you felt looked after by the team throughout your stay. It is always great to read comments about team members and I am glad you enjoyed the Champagne.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit Harrogate. I do hope this is before your first anniversary.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Have just spent 3 days here with family and cannot fault location,directly overlooking The Stray and close to shopping,restaurants,bars and of course Betty's Tea Rooms.The staff were incredibly friendly,helpful and professional and we did enjoy our stay.However the rooms are dire to say the least.We paid upgrade for front facing rooms 101 and 103(which was a suite).In the hallway there was an ever pervading stench of dampness/sewage which periodically was overwhelmed by the a nauseous floral type air freshener which was most unpleasant.The rooms though large were badly decorated in ? contemporary style which was dark and almost funereal!The shower in room 101 soaked the floor as it would not stay in the holder.Provision of toiletries and re-stocking of welcome tray was non-existent and indeed I had to ask for milk and toilet rolls on 2 occasions during our stay.One of the chairs was badly marked and the sofa was really unpleasant to sit on,let alone sleep on.The view from the window was lovely and it was nice to be able to open the French doors to balcony.The dining room was dark and uninviting as was the bar but e staff made up for the shortfall as they were lovely,helpful and willing to please.Breakfast was a pretty unappetising buffet of bland sausages,briny bacon ,scrambled egg,beans and tomatoes ,though eggs any style could be ordered.Cereals,fruit,juices,cheese and dried up,discoloured ham.Make yourself toast with poor quality bread and croissants.Not the best breakfast in the hotel world but something you could eat if hungry.Dinner was of much the same standard, choice of about 6 starters,mains and sweets,nicely presented but lacking in quality and flavour.Overall we enjoyed our stay but didn't use the hotel but for meals and sleeping so for price we paid it was reasonable.It's a beautiful building with wonderful staff but sadly it's time to spend some money on it to bring it up to standard.Would I stay here again?Probably, because of location and staff but would choose to eat out , as there are some lovely eating establishments within a stone's throw offering breakfast through to dinner at very reasonable prices.

Room Tip: 101 is front facing but has heavy internal door dividing room from bathroom.103 suite with sitting room/T.V and dining area,also front facing and both on 1st floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank birdswhobrunch

I thank you for the time you have taken in writing your review on the tripadvisor website .I am sorry that your stay not an entire success for which I can only apologise.
I was very sorry to read that you felt the general standard of the hotel and our bedrooms did not meet your expectations and whilst I appreciate we are not the most contemporary hotel. I was extremely surprised by the comments relating to rooms 101 and 103 they are both very popular rooms which recieve many positive reviews they were updated 6 months ago.
I certainly take on board some of the other feed-back you have given and I will speak with the housekeeping team with regard the lack of toiletries etc.
I was also sorry to read that in your opinion our food offering had little or no redeeming qualities. I was pleased to read that despite your negative comments the level of service received was to a high standard and that you felt looked after the team are by far our very best asset.
It is only through comments such as yours that we are able to improve our standards and service. I do hope you choose to stay at the Yorkshire in the future as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.