I think it is fair to say that this place has seen better days, although I'm sure it was pretty impressive in the past. However, while it could probably do with a lick of paint, the hotel certainly makes the most of its strengths - mainly its incredible, friendly staff. We arrived late on Friday night for our weekend stay and it was great to be met by a welcoming smiling face, who greeted us by name (as the last guests to check in). The receptionist was also great in helping us to plan our weekend activities as well as advising us to keep an eye out for an elusive car parking spot.
The room itself was just what we needed for a weekend break, the beds were comfy and the tea and coffee was very well stocked and replenished. The cleaning staff were also very friendly when we saw them as we walked through the hotel.
Breakfast provided a great selection and was again manned by staff who could not do enough to help us.
This hotel was well worth the reduced price we paid - fab location, comfortable if slightly tired room, excellent staff and great food - what more could you wish for in a central hotel?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yorkshire is perfectly situated in the heart of Harrogate, with everything you need being within walking distance, opposite Bettys Cafe Tea Rooms. Harrogate train station,and the Internatioanl centre is an easy three minute walk away making the hotel an ideal venue for events held at the HIC.The hotel’s Hg1 Brasserie & Bar, has a high street style and is very popular with both our guests and the local residents of Harrogate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Yorkshire Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate
- The Yorkshire Hotel Harrogate